• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is your absolute favorite thing about DG Course Review?

The Valkyrie Kid

Eagle Member
Diamond level trusted reviewer
No hedging by saying you love everything about the site. We all think it's an awesome site and love TIM for providing it. But what makes it most special in your eyes? Or which section do you most utilize?

Is it?

Lively banter on the forums?

Reviewing courses yourself?

Reading other player's review of your home or local courses?

Using the dashboard to keep track of your discs, scores, etc. ?

Using it as a resource to find courses around the country? World?

Providing incentive to travel and plan disc golfing trips?

Comparing your disc golfing experiences with others?

I think the # 1 thing on this site that currently rocks me is clicking on one of the players with 100-200 courses played and then clicking on the map view and seeing where they have played all their courses across the country. Get's me all amped up to get out and experience more of our fine courses and parks.

My favorite feature of this site is "nearby courses" with distances found on a courses info page. I use this when travelling to play as many courses as possible.

Using it as a resource to find courses around the country

until recently i had only played the couple course within a short drive of where i live. this is a great resource for finding new courses. and it really helps to read the reviews written by others. although it would help if there was a little more structure to the reviews and the scores the courses recieve.

I love -

Reading reviews of courses in cities I'm travelling to.
Reading reviews of courses I've played.
Posting reviews of courses I've played - I had many of the reviews in a blog, but this is obviously a much better use of them.
And overall, just how user friendly the site is.

My favorite part of DGCR is the ability to map out courses so that I can plan courses to stop and play on my trips and even plan a few excursions solely for DG. I also really appreciate the reviews of courses ... they do really help in deciding what courses to play and what ones to skip ... most of the time ;)
I also appreciate the forums ... I've learned a lot from reading the forums and what the wise old sages of DG have to say.

I like the pictures! The first thing I usually look for is the course updates and I click on the courses that has had pics added to them. (I don't like when people upload pictures with people in them though).

I like meeting people on these boards for a round. I told Donovan that there is a better chance that I'd see him again before I see McCook NE again, and I like it that way.

Last edited:
My favorite feature of this site is "nearby courses" with distances found on a courses info page. I use this when travelling to play as many courses as possible.

Can I third this delightful feature. Also, I might add the forums; post whore that I am.

• Indispensable for planning where to play in a new place. Between the reviews, the ratings distribution chart, the hole lengths, and the pictures you get a very complete picture to make informed decisions. It's a one stop place to get everything you need including directions and course maps.
  • Having a place to post my reviews. I've been reviewing courses on my own for 8-9 years and was always looking for a good place to make them available to others.
  • Honorable mention- Tim's unbelievable customer service. If you have a problem he fixes it within minutes sometimes, and at the most a few hours. He also listens to our endless requests and implements them promptly.
  • Honorable mention- Tim has the wisdom of Solomon and just the right temperament to handle controversial issues that could be very fractious.

I like the forums and the info on new courses. Invaluable when going out of town and looking for a place to play

#1: As a resource for keeping track of scores, this website is second to none. I was lucky enough to stumble onto it the same week as when I played my first round of disc golf. Therefore, every round I've ever played is recorded here. If that was the only service this site provided I'd still be here multiple times a day.

#2: The map feature that allows me to plan out road trips. The PDGA directory is nice, but to actually be able to see courses in a map form with (almost always) accurate GPS coordinates is really unbelievable. It's one of those things that makes you wonder how people got along (and in most cases, continue to get along) without it.

Reviews......reading about a course before heading out is a great help and this site is the best. I also love being able to review the sites I play and pass on anything helpful to newcomers thinking of heading out a playing there for the first time.

Oh and I love the social groups section! Met many new DG friends through that. Great site overall!

Wow, it is very difficult to narrow it down to only one. I would probably have to say reading the reviews themselves. I find it interesting to see how others experiences are similar/different from my own for the courses I have already played. I find it really whets my appetite to play various courses that have received so many good reviews. I will definately play Idlewild at some point in the near future and hope to someday play Flip City. Then and only then will the debate be finalized as to which course is the all time greatest! All kidding aside, this site is my absolute favorite DG site and I have benefitted so much from reading all the input available. I really haven't even tapped into the score keeping or disc collection features yet. Work sure can get in the way of living...

I like the fact that there is a sense of community. I feel as though I know some of you, though we have never spoken in person. This is a great site.

Latest posts