• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] What is your longest disc?

Pop top Hades is probably the longest thing I've ever thrown.

We have a park just north of Atlanta GA off I75 called Oregon Park, and there's a nice, wide open field there - it's decently downhill but isn't atrociously so. Definitely not a gauge for golf distance but fun to sit a disc out and watch it fly a long, long way.

Got my longest recorded air shot ever out there, a 657' bomb with a hades this summer.

I've been clocked a few times at 72 MPH backhand and working my way up, or at least trying to. Absolutely annihilated that disc with the perfect angle, hyzer, nose angle, and height. Don't think I could have thrown it any farther if I had 100 shots with it.

Wouldn't trust it on the course pretty much ever, but man she flew big far at that field/range.

That field is really fun to throw in. 72 backhand is cooking, I can do 70-78 forehand, but usually putters are the fastest on the gun. I think my air Giant at 76 is the fastest driver.

Have you ever played from by the hill in between #4 silver and gold back to #2 gold? Makes a fun par 4/5.

That field is really fun to throw in. 72 backhand is cooking, I can do 70-78 forehand, but usually putters are the fastest on the gun. I think my air Giant at 76 is the fastest driver.

Have you ever played from by the hill in between #4 silver and gold back to #2 gold? Makes a fun par 4/5.

I'm catching ya with forehand, or at least I've gained haha. Clocked right at 70 with a forehand so far and got maybe two more adjustments to see if I can get any more. 5'10 frame doesn't give me any favors tho :(

I have not! But I'll definitely try that out. You play it from 2G to 4S or 4S to 2G?

Hit me up if you ever wanna get a round in over there or nearby anywhere, I play a couple/3 times a week normally.

I don't have anything approaching the power, but I do play Oregon more Saturday mornings than not (and typically north or northeast of town Fridays after work). Would love to connect if you're an early riser.

I'm catching ya with forehand, or at least I've gained haha. Clocked right at 70 with a forehand so far and got maybe two more adjustments to see if I can get any more. 5'10 frame doesn't give me any favors tho :(

I have not! But I'll definitely try that out. You play it from 2G to 4S or 4S to 2G?

Hit me up if you ever wanna get a round in over there or nearby anywhere, I play a couple/3 times a week normally.

I play the Thursday night glow dubs at OP, but most of the time up at the Cartersville courses. Though lately I've been spending a good amount of time building a new course near Dallas.

You will have to come and check it out when it's ready!

I play the Thursday night glow dubs at OP, but most of the time up at the Cartersville courses. Though lately I've been spending a good amount of time building a new course near Dallas.

You will have to come and check it out when it's ready!

Sounds good man!

Cartersville courses as in Deerfield, Etowah, Gatewood?

I'll stop peppering the thread with ATL area disc golf talk but we'll have to get a round in for sure

Sounds good man!

I'll stop peppering the thread with ATL area disc golf talk but we'll have to get a round in for sure

Yes! I'm at those all the time. PM me if you are around on a weekend.

Sounds good man!

I love to see it! Etowah and Deerfield are now the closest courses to me after having OP as my home course for a while- the disc golf world is small.

Let us know what you think. That looks like a nice Enigma. Hopefully it flies well.

Finally got around to throwing the Enigma some. Stability wise I like it. More high speed stable than a Trespass which is what I was looking for. Seems to have exceptional glide as even on a low line it just seems to carry further than it should. Whoever compared it to a well used Destroyer made a good comparison.

Finally got around to throwing the Enigma some. Stability wise I like it. More high speed stable than a Trespass which is what I was looking for. Seems to have exceptional glide as even on a low line it just seems to carry further than it should. Whoever compared it to a well used Destroyer made a good comparison.

Enigma is a strange disc. By itself it'll almost seem unimpressive or boring. Whenever I bring an Enigma to the field and throw against other discs it usually ends up being the longest one out there. It'll go over 450' if given a little height. Flexy, side to side type flight.

The Enigma is good because it'll turn decently without getting too flippy on really hard throws.

Glad you like it, I have found them to be really long and reliable. I can flip it if I'm not careful, but it's pretty nicely stable.

Someone gave me a used Enigma and it is almost Thrasher flippy. Maybe I should try a fresh one. :bigthink:

I think that, if there is a enough tailwind then i can throw a Dynamic Discs Captain which is quite understable.
In no windy conditions i propably throw my Latitude 64s Grace.
And in headwind conditions i throw my DD:s Trespass.

in the first case I assume a distance of about 400 feet.
This is also the case in the Grace throw, maybe more than a 400 feet.
And when you throw that trespass against the wind, the maximum distance is somewhere between 330-375 feet...

I don't know why, but my Trespass is very overstable althought it is already 2 years old.
But it is very overstable compared to a few other trespasses that my friend has...

I don't know why, but my Trespass is very overstable althought it is already 2 years old.
But it is very overstable compared to a few other trespasses that my friend has...

Is it one of the McCabe Lucid-X Trespass? those things are one of the best controllable distance drivers. They went too under the radar. If it's not, you should look into them as a replacement.

I reliably get the most distance from my streamline jet. I don't see anyone else throwing these things but they have a nice stability to get a wide hyzer flip to turn shot that still comes back enough not to turn all the way over.

I blame their lack of popularity on the name. Jet sounds way more boring than a mamba or hades…

I reliably get the most distance from my streamline jet. I don't see anyone else throwing these things but they have a nice stability to get a wide hyzer flip to turn shot that still comes back enough not to turn all the way over.

I blame their lack of popularity on the name. Jet sounds way more boring than a mamba or hades…

I was actually looking into a jet to compete against my waves. I think I could eeek out a little more distance with something a tad flippier.

I used to get great distance out of my jet but it started to get where it would just flip over.

Nowadays I'm inching closer to 400' with a moonshine bolt, prodigy spectrum air X3, or a pro shryke going about 380. I have a star wraith coming in close to those at about 370'.