• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is your most underrated disc you carry?

Mine would be the Classic Roc. It is a dead straight approach disc, but I rarely see anyone using it besides me. Since it shares a name with the Roc but is really nothing like the Roc, I think most people dismiss this disc.

Definitely the Innova Wolf. Guy I play with has 3 just in case he loses one. I actually tracked down one that had my high school colors on it because we were/are the Wolves. I Acetoned off everything but the word wolf and the picture of the Wolf. My wife is a big big fan of her Stingray.

-Adam

discraft impact and the innova classic roc are the two most important discs in my bag. i would be lost without them, however i rarely see other people utilizing these amazing discs.

Innova DX for midrange. I've nailed ridiculously long shots with it. Flies straight like a putter and throws like a driver.

for a disc I rarely see anyone else carry that I love, I'd have to go with the lightning Z1 (aka #1 hyzer). I'm laser accurate with it up to about 325, and it fills a nice hole in my lower range fairway drivers.

I would have to say either my JLS which with just a little bit of power throws sooo straight but to much power turns over alot. Also my Gateway E-series spirit. I can put this disc where ever I want. The Gateway Blaze is probably one of the best discs ever made great for RHFH or RHBH never fails me.

XL. Straightest driver I own and am the only guy I know to throw one.

now you know someone else ... me:D this is the disc I was going to say. The XL used to be a big deal but it seems to have gotten pushed to the side with all the new drivers out. But its the driver I grab most because its so controllable and gets great distance.

The Comet is the other disc I'd say that I use a lot and is underrated. It has so much glide to it, doesn't seem to want to roll much if it lands on edge , and its useful for gentle hyzers, dead straight, and anny lines.

glad to see the wolf is getting some love in this thread. I'm the only one I know who uses one but I love it. By far the easiest disc to flip, and with a soft hyzer you get such a beautiful straight line in any wind. I carry two, both max weight but one REALLY beat in and another that's new. I just wish they made it in star plastic...

Mine would be the Classic Roc. It is a dead straight approach disc, but I rarely see anyone using it besides me. Since it shares a name with the Roc but is really nothing like the Roc, I think most people dismiss this disc.

I love my classic roc, it will hold most lines up to about 260' for me, and will go dead straight with no fade when I need that. Since I play shorter courses a lot (that's all that's anywhere near me), I throw that and my star aviar driver for most of my tee shots.

Discraft ESP Zone. Go to disc for hard left fades, placement hyzers, and skips

Champ Glo Coyote. I wasn't so hot for this disc at first, but it has become a nice alternative mid to a Roc

Gateway Pro Line Element (incredibly flippy) is finding a happy place in my bag as well

I would have siad my Skeeter and I still might say my Skeeter but I am currently in a state of Disc uncertainty.

Your Skeeter still loves you, TalbotTrojan, never forget that. Once a Skeeter man, always a Skeeter man.

Latest posts