• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is your most underrated disc you carry?

id say the cro as a putter, i know from reading on various sites that alot of other people are starting to come around and its getting known that its a great wind putter . now when its not windy i can putt just as good with actual putters as the cro butt it started to kinda throw me off when i would switch unless i practiced first so now just throw the cro and i dont have to adjust or warm-up .

btw most people dont realize im not using a putter until i tell them since my x-out dosnt say cro on it, which is funny cause until they find out its a mid-range they dont try to tell me shi* about putting
but then they find out its a mid and all the sudden they start saying well if you like the feel or the way that throws you should try this type of putter its very mid like and is an actual putter . then i say oh thats cool maybe ill check that out but im thinking dude im putting twice as good as you are worry about your own discs

2008 ace race disc ... the nebula... is my disc of choice. there are only about 4 ppl in san antonio that throw it. . . i see it as my secret weapon. . . from the tee, upshots, and as a putter as well. . . i love it.

Horray! Another person who likes a Wolf in their bag. Prerube, you are one of only two other people I know that use/carry a Wolf. I love that disc!! I use it for nice turning shots (RHBH) and recovery shots.

I've always liked the wolf, and recently put one back in my bag. Its one of the few discs i can turnover

And NEBULA is the bomb!!! Perfect amount of overstability, so reliable.

THats my midrange lineup, all underrated discs: Nebula, Star Gator, Wolf

My Soft Pro Rhyno has pretty much removed all the mids from my game. It's deadly accurate up to 200 feet. I don't use it to putt with anymore, though.

I have a Viking and a Titan. I get asked all the time "what putter is that?"

Have too agree here on the Vikings... the older champs as well seem to be flat as can be and the plastic holds up well. I've thrown the crap out of mine and it doesn't have any nicks or scratches on it, plus its very sleek and I get a clean release from it everytime.

My Soft Pro Rhyno has pretty much removed all the mids from my game. It's deadly accurate up to 200 feet. I don't use it to putt with anymore, though.

If you can ever get your hands on an SE Rhyno do it.. I have 3 of them.. one I specifically use for putting, one for upshots, and one that hangs on the wall at home incase I ever lose one. I LOVE the disc.

If you can ever get your hands on an SE Rhyno do it.. I have 3 of them.. one I specifically use for putting, one for upshots, and one that hangs on the wall at home incase I ever lose one. I LOVE the disc.
I threw one once. This guy had it at my course. I sunk it from 60 feet. Of course I wanted him to sell it or trade it to me. No dice. =(

Pro Eagle-X. This sucker is nasty for overhand and hyzer shots, especially hyzer shots that you want to skip OR stick, depending on how you throw it.

I was wondering what disc or discs in your bag do you think are really underrated by you or by others you play with.

I have to say for me it would be a discraft hawk. I really never hear anybody talk about it and I have been ask a few times why I throw it. I throw it because I have confidence in it and it flies really well. It is great for those tight tee shots under 300'.I think the main reason is that it is made in the cheaper pro-d plastic but it really is a great disc. I sometimes find myself reaching for it before I reach for my buzz.

You can get the Hawk in Z plastic, but it will take some searching.

As for my most underrated disc, it's probably a 180g Star Aero. You can drive it, use it fpr approaches or putt with it. IMO, most versatile disc ever.

the blowfly, i only use it for some drives and downhill/uphill layups but it's in there
Do you ever use it for overhand shots? I love throwing thumbers because they come straight down. The problem is that they're not good for hilly situations because they may roll. I think a blowfly would just stick.

Millenium Polaris LS - I can't get too much distance out of it (around 250-275 max) but it flies straight as an arrow and is always my safety throw if im not confident in my others drivers on a particular shot

I threw one once. This guy had it at my course. I sunk it from 60 feet. Of course I wanted him to sell it or trade it to me. No dice. =(

Yeah they can get kind of pricey.. I managed to pick up 3 off of Ebay from a guy (all used) for 80$ shipped... but they were worth every penny.

I have 4 total now...

My go to forehand disc that has been in my bag for 4 or 5 years now is a champion Monster, and I would be lost without it. In fact, I spent an hour looking for it at Black Locust a couple weeks ago, and found it!!!

Also, a champion T-bird and first run ESP Pulse are my go to back hand hyzer/straight shot discs. I don't know anyone else that throws any of these three.

Finally, the ESP Comet is money. I can't even count how many 60-150 ft straight/anhyzer shots I've made with this bad boy, and I've never seen another player throw one.

Star Gator for it's ability to be thrown overhand (thumber or tomahawk) - best get out of trouble shot ever - can nail the tinyest of gaps

I'm going with the TeeRex...it's been totally lost in the Innova driver shuffle in my opinion. I carry a 150 DX, a 170 Star, and a 168 CFR for most rounds....
But BY FAR my most underrated disc would have to be one of the three or four Rocs I carry:)