• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is your most underrated disc you carry?

Quest AT Rock-it. It is so straight that you will screw up throwing it by adjusting for fade it doesn't have.

Probably both of my putters, the XD and the Ringer. I never hear anyone really talking too much about either of these discs on the forums and i've yet to see anyone around me use either of them

My Lighting Upshot Putter. As a matter of fact throw in the #3 driver, still new in condition, and I get her to roll.

R-Pro Cro

My R-Pro Cro saves me several strokes each round. Good dependable fade that I can drop within 10 feet of the basket almost everytime. Plus is doesn't roll or skip when it lands. Good approach disc and good putter too.

I second the Z Challenger, I always carry one for approaches and also for "gentle" thumbers that save me all the time.

I would also say the Wasp. Not sure how underrated this really is, I just always hear people talk about the Buzzz, but I like my Wasp a little better.

:hfive:

the stingray, its the only disc that fades left for me (LHBH)

The Stingray is a beautiful, beautiful disc. I also throw LHBH (my forehand is RHFH) so coming up with a consistent and predictable way to get a disc to gently turn left and hold that line has been a big issue.. the Stingray does it spectacularly! :thmbup: Good range for a midrange disc, too.

Everything in my bag either is or was fashionable at one time. That's not why I carry them, it just happens to have worked out that way.

I think my lineup is going to change somewhat drastically very soon though.

\/\/

The Stingray is a beautiful, beautiful disc. I also throw LHBH (my forehand is RHFH) so coming up with a consistent and predictable way to get a disc to gently turn left and hold that line has been a big issue.. the Stingray does it spectacularly! :thmbup: Good range for a midrange disc, too.

Although I don't use it as much as my other mids and fairway drivers, I can always count on my Stingray. When I was still pretty green (even though I'm still a noob) I bought one, didn't have the form or patience for it and traded it away. Borrowed a buddy's for a hole that required a right-flying throw (RHBH) and realized the error of my ways and have had one in my bag ever since.

It's great for an understable mid or on drives where my Leopard or Assassin would be overkill. XOXOXO Stingray...daddy loves you.

I'd have to say my DX Kite. I still don't have a Fairway driver I rely on so for those shots between 300ft and 340ft I grab my Kite. I also am able to tone it down and finesse it on shorter holes.

Anyone know of a slower version of the Kite?

Panther

My champion panther is still incredibly serviceable as an escape disc, and sits in front right next to my putter, but it isn't $$$ like my old flattop DX was. I could use that old DX for just about anything within 100', especially if there was triple canopy jungle between my lie and the basket. The domey champ just doesn't quite do it.

My bro hates it when I uncork a hyzer into the bush, on the left, close to the pin. He knows it is even money that I will thread it through two close trees with a vertical forehand flick, have that panther bounce, catch, and roll a left curve, and die right next to the basket. That is, if it doesn't actually hit the pin. :D

Discraft Express, It flys soo straight when brand new, but when you beat it up it is a great slow anhyzer disc soo sweet

Gotta second the Champ Panther. It's the only disc I've gotten an ACE with. My go-to on anything from 50 to 230 feet, that doesn't need much turn.

Meteor and 5x 150 Valkyrie.

Discraft X-Elite Stratus