• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is your most underrated disc you carry?

I had one of the best compliments from a guy on my card during the Tim Selenske Masters. I had been playing fairly well, and I actually won the teepad, reached into my bag and pulled out my SOLF for the drive. It's the only dark blue driver that I use for backhand throws, right after I pulled it out and stepped up, he said "Uh-Oh....he's got his 'money' disc out". I threw my drive, which turned out pretty well, then asked about what he meant while we were walking to our discs after teeing off. He said he watched me during the round, and every time he saw me tee off with "that blue disc" he saw it thrown long and precise, so he knew if he saw me with it on the tee, it was going to be a good shot. That made me feel really well,and that I needed to give my Orion more praise!

It is good for anything but a roller????

Even my 12 year old smooth form had a tough time not flipping that disc......IMO one of the worst ever along with its driver version the "Maximizer"

Not thrown full speed. It can be useful for short touch annies, takes a lot of practice to get it to sit down flat and not land on an edge and roll. It's a specialty shot disc for sure, but it's saved me some strokes.

It would either be my DGA Blowfly putter or any of the Innova Stingrays I throw.

The Blowfly gets "bad vibed" because my playing partners say it is gimmicky and also, they say, no pros throw it. Last I checked, all the pros throw is Innova and Discraft..... But, after anybody throws the putter and see me make some unmakable or missed shots stick, their tune changes. Actually, a few guys have switched to the Blowfly recently.

As far as the Stingray goes, I carry 2. One is 150g and the other is 172g. The 150 is my approach putt from 120' out and the 172 is my everyfreakinthing disc. Most people discount the Stingray because it is "too flippy". It flips if you flip it, the disc goes where YOU throw it, therefore I have conceded that the people flipping it have bad technique/form ;)

Millenium Sirius Orion LS

Been one the best discs in my bag forever... Does what its supposed to do, goes long and straight... My friends hate that disc, I love it.

.....I second that opinion.

Also I never owned the DX version but I love my champion panther.

Definitely my dx skeeter. Great for straight to long flat turnover discs. And its the disc I pull out for my forehand up shot!

Roadrunner. Nobody I play with carries one or understands why I do. A great disc for right turns.

Cobra

A beat Cobra, keep your wrist and elbow level, it turns right. Same throw new Cobra, perfectly straight. I firmly believe in the concept of "let the disc do the work"!!!

pokamitch;364926Most people discount the Stingray because it is "too flippy". It flips if you flip it said:
My form is flawless, you take that back. :thmbdown: ;)

I think Eagles are fairly underrated, I don't know why the TeeChickens get all the love. :popcorn:

Whippet

KC Pro Whippet. I never have to worry about it doing something I don't want it to. It will never glide past the basket. It ignores the wind. It won't turn over ever. Plus, if you need an overhand shot to go a loooong way (with some room to work with right to left), it flies very different from even overstable drives like the Boss.

Plus, it's the only disc I have an ace with.

Also, it's most underrated because most of the other discs I carry are ones I hear mentioned a lot (Boss, TeeBird, Roc, etc.), but Whippets don't get a lot of acclaim.

The TL is underrated also. Everyone loves the Teebird.

I have had way more success with my TL then with my Teebird. There does seem to be some pretty good love on this site for the TL, so I don't know if it is classified as underrated or not. Anyway, I now use this disc on probably 80% of my drives of the tee. Absolutely love this disc!

Star Cro. Money for approach shots. Lies down, doesn't roll easily. Also is good in the wind, and can be used well as a putter. It might be the greatest thing since quads, sliced bread, push up bras and spandex.

I'd have to go with Lightning Slice series. The downside is that it flies about like a midrange. I'm usually doing good to get it to travel 275ft, but it will hug a right hand corner like nobodies business. So anhyzers are just natural for this disc. I haven't tried the other slices yet (1 & 3)

Champ Coyote. I offer no justification or reasons. :p

Latest posts