• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What is your Nemidisc?

More modern "good disc" here, but for me it's the tangent. The first few rounds I threw it I thought it was pretty good, but I just can't get a feel for it at all anymore. I've been a huge MVP supporter for a long time and bag most of their molds but I really, really struggle to click with the tangent...which many consider to be MVP's best disc. It fits weirdly between the axis (now alias) and tursas for me and I'm not confident with it in that slot.
This, but also for Ion and Anode (so far on the Anode...I really want this one to work for me, so I will have to try it some more.).
My vote is for the Leopard, never could get that thing to fly well tried Star, Champ, Echo. A close Second would be the Wraith. Maybe when i "grow up" and can get my arm speed up.

As to the Roadrunner....It is probably my single favorite disc and I am currently bagging 3. If you want a flippier RR - Try an Echostar. The newer RR's that I have are stable, including the new G*.
I would have said Leopard, also, but the other day I pulled my 170 something Star to try in strong tailwinds, and I got this great shot out of it!

For y'all that have trouble with the *RR's, try something lighter in StarLite...definitely understable!

My nemidisc changes...right now it's the river. Use to love this disc for the effortless 330' hyzer flip turnovers...but between winter, having a kid, and buying a house, I only get to play a round every 3-4 weeks and my form is shot right now. I'm leaving them in the bag for a couple more weeks because I know it's me...but they have irritated me so much I'm about to kick them and throw more teebirds in my bag just as a temp fix and moral booster...we'll see.

The buzz, I can throw a truth (practically a buzz clone) way better than I ever could a buzz... I never understood the buzz hype.

The buzz, I can throw a truth (practically a buzz clone) way better than I ever could a buzz... I never understood the buzz hype.

That's weird, because for me a buzzz is fool proof.
When all else fails, you just throw a buzzz up the middle.

More modern "good disc" here, but for me it's the tangent. The first few rounds I threw it I thought it was pretty good, but I just can't get a feel for it at all anymore. I've been a huge MVP supporter for a long time and bag most of their molds but I really, really struggle to click with the tangent...which many consider to be MVP's best disc. It fits weirdly between the axis (now alias) and tursas for me and I'm not confident with it in that slot.

Different strokes I guess.
That's weird because to me the Tangent has become a favorite disc. I initially wasn't sure about it because I got it to replace my lost Tursas and the Tangent was not nearly as undertable. However, I find myself reaching for this disc a lot and it just flies beautifully.
That's weird, because for me a buzzz is fool proof.
When all else fails, you just throw a buzzz up the middle.
Hear hear. It's weird seeing all the Buzzz disapproval here because the Buzzz (and Tangent) is my go to mid. I think the Buzzz is very forgiving although I have found my Z Buzzz still has some fade to fight out of an anny so I use the Tangent for small turns if I need to. Both of these are my main mids and I think they are fantastic so it's just weird to see people not clicking with them.

Also I wanted to add a disc to the conversation. I have an old Aviar with the grid stamp that I just hate. It flies very straight but it is 169g and just too light to putt with. The plastic is very stiff and the rim digs into my finger when I use it so it's an all around uncomfortable disc to throw and I have just grown to hate this disc since using it as a putter to have in my car. Poop on that disc.

I don't really have a consistent enough game to post, but I'd put the Buzzz in there, too.

I don't know why, but I can't power up a Buzzz. I mean, I've seen Peter McBride throw some pretty amazing and long Buzzz shots... on all kinds of lines.

... but when I throw it hard, it does weird stuff, flips or dives or whatever, and I feel like I can't really put it on ANY line but a straight line. Powered down, maybe a bit more reliable, but it feels like then I can't STOP it where I want to.

Currently, using an Ibex in that slot, which I feel like I can put some power behind but isn't as straight flying, needs a bit more room to work. Mostly the same result, though.

It's probably just becuas I higher percentage of people have tried them, but it's funny to see that two of the most popular discs in the game (Roc and Buzzz) are up here so much.

If there is one disc that I just can't stand, it's the Comet. It's big, deep, flip city and I can't get a good grip on it. I simply just hate that thing. A 167g gummy Roc3 relieved my pain.

Latest posts