• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is your putter lineup?

okie_thumber

What is your putter lineup? How many putter molds do you carry? Why?

I carry 3 Wizards. SSS for annys and upshots that need to stick, Medium for my putts, and an Evolution for drives, ups, hyzers, short flex shots, and shots in the woods.

4 aviars (putting putter/new thrower that fades/straight thrower and outside the circle putter/beat to crap thrower and trick shot putter) and a zone - although the zone isn't a true 'putter' i use it for a lot of upshots and will putt with it when the wind is crazy.

i used to carry a rattler when i was throwing magnets but once i switched to aviars i didn't need it anymore. but it is a great/awesome disc.

One putting putter for 0-30 feet. (Lightning #2)

Two driving/approach putters. (Aeros) The most used discs in my bag.

I carry a Med Ion for my putting from all distances

I also have three different Wizards in the bag:

1x SSS Wizard (beat to crap and used for all touch shots and runs at the basket from 150+)
1x SSS Wizard (used to be my main putter but beating it up to take the place of ^)
1x Med Wizard (used for driving and long anny shots that I want to stop and not skip)

Hydra, hydra, hydra...
beat: main putter and annys
semi-beat: straight drives and up shots
new: wind, stable drives and approaches

I carry I new avair p&a only to put with. 2 avair p&a for anhyzer approaches. 1 champ avair for hyzer approaches. 1 ion for driving and 1 ion for longer putts outside the circle that need to power to get there.

I also play on a small tight course where I could throw a putter on over 1/2 the holes that's why I carry to many

5 :)

beat up omega ss - main putter
beat up omega ss - back up,jump putts,outside 40'
beat up sanny aviar sb - approaches,straight drives,turnovers where omegas might get taco'd
2x d line p2's - drives,wind more fade etc. both fresh,wrkin on seasoning them up.

I just changed mine around
Currently:
Glow Magic - long putts
Glow Wizard - circle putts
Eclipse Ion - driving and ups

Previous:
Beat Glow Wizard - all putts
Newer Glow Wizard - drives, ups and windy putts

Medium VooDoo - Very broken in and is my main all round putter. Putting, Driving, Jump Putting
SSS VooDoo - Beat to crap, very soft, Use for soft landings and backup putter
Aviar - 11 years old and used for Anny putts and approaches
Soft ION - used as a driver and hyzer approach disc
Zone - only listed as a putter. In reality it is the best over stable midrange in the world. Mostly used FH.

Pure : putting, straight drives
beat pure : putting outside 30, understable drives
beat aviar : straight
new-ish aviar : stable driver

SS Voodoo & SSS Wizard. Just for putting. Voodoo for straight, anny & trouble putts. Wiz for hyzer putts, especially big looping rainbows and into the wind.

175 KCPro Aviar. I have 7 total, same weight, but I only carry one on the course used for putting and approach shots up to around 200ft.

I have a zone for all shots that require a really overstable putter. I carry two Ions, one nice and beat soft and one new medium eclipse. I use these for tee shots and upshots. And I carry two pro-d challengers in different stages of wear for all of my putting duties.

Seasoned Soft APX - Pitch putting, flat thrown turnovers, approaches with no fade needed
Slightly used Soft APX - longer approaches with touch needed, back up putter
3 year beat Premier Sinus SP - spin putting, heavy headwind pitch putting, preventing blow by approaches and putts, high turnovers
Sweet spot Premier Sinus AP (still overstable just not freaky) - driving, fast approaches with fade needed, kick out rollers under 100 feet-ish

Well this seems to keep changing for me.... I am going to try and get it dield in over the winter because I don't play in the snow that much.

I love old soft dx bullet XD's and have been using those for all my touch shots since I started playing. I am in the process of switching to Grip/Zero line Spikes because I am sick of spending the $20-30 for the OOP XD's I like.

I also like Wizards but gateway is starting to piss me off with there inconsistency. I have a few I like alot but have had a hard time finding the ones I like with the right feel as of late. I have 10 or so and only really like 2 of them and 1 is ok. I have been working with Grip/Zero Pures and really like the zero's so far. They seem to be the feel I am looking for and I am able to find them much easier than Wizards.

The Zone is the only thing that is set in stone.

Right now...

Toutch shots, driving & long putts with no wind... 1 Zero Spike and 1 Grip Spike the grip is a bit more stable
Main Putter 2 SS Wizards
Overstable Putter 1 Pro D Zone and 1 ESP Zone

Pure & Spike (grip line)

Pure is main putter and windy short-range upshot disc.
Spike is driving putter and odd touch shots.

Really only need the Pure though. 300's off the tee or 30'er for the birdie its my baby.

2 Banger gt's 1 new for wind 1 beat to **** for most putts, aerobie arrow for side arm approach shots, a star aero for those tricky elevator shots.

2X D P2s - Putting
Small Bead Aviar - Old, beat, money
Soft Ion - Drives (more like a mid)