• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What kind of SWAG would you like for CTP's???

Plastic is always nice, but the sweetest Roc out there would be meh, for me. Beer is always good, but with all the beer snobs out there, myself included, which beer?

I prefer cash. It's something everyone can find a use for.

I prefer cash. It's something everyone can find a use for.

It's also a lot harder to drum up cash sponsorships, so I don't at all fault TDs for looking for swag and gift certificates that allow a business to get their name out there with their sponsorship. I think it's fun to get gift certificates to local businesses, I've seen ones for restaurants, sports shops and a masseuse given out at tourneys and thought they were fun and different from the usual disc related swag.

I hooked up a couple guys with a disc/strip club pass combo one year.

That longest putt prize isn't something I've seen before, cool idea.

We like daring people to do something foolish.

Hole%2018%20Reverse%20View%20from%20overthrow%20(2).jpg

---and there's O.B. next to the hill.

.....the other thought behind a "longest putt" prize is that it rewards a different skill than all the more common CTPs.

CTPs are all about fun. Especially if its an after-the-round CTP thing.

Set one up, watch the people with downturned mouths turn into smiles as they get a chance to do something to help them forget their troubled round. Nothing wipes away frowns like a chance at redemption.

Before event day, send someone with 20 bucks to a dollar store and pick out a pile of interesting stuff. Random stuff even works, stuff that can be eaten, shared… box of cereal, even a white elephant item or two. (back heating pads, ointments…) The cost to fun ratio is good at dollar stores and overwhelm with.. volume (not quality)

Run the CTP (or ring of fire subs in pretty easily).. award some of the pile that way, then throw what ever is left into the raffle pool if you have one.

Our events often contain a box of Lucky Charms into the raffle ticket drawing process. When its time to draw a ticket for the charms… many hold their breath.

I'll go along with the beer and discs crowd, and maybe a towel for good measure.

We like daring people to do something foolish.

Hole%2018%20Reverse%20View%20from%20overthrow%20(2).jpg

---and there's O.B. next to the hill.

:clap::clap::clap:

Question about the mechanics: what constitutes a "putt"? Does an ace or "fairway ace" count? (If it does, has anyone ever called a foot-fault on a throw-in or jump putt? (And if not, why not?
evil.gif
))

Pint glasses are always good. Disc golf swag that has non-dg uses is always good in my book.

Question about the mechanics: what constitutes a "putt"? Does an ace or "fairway ace" count? (If it does, has anyone ever called a foot-fault on a throw-in or jump putt? (And if not, why not?
evil.gif
))

Yes. Longest made shot. We'd award it for an Ace, but it's 492' through a lot of obstacles, so the prize would be dwarfed by the Fame.

We used to do it for the entire tournament. One year Blaine Kinkel hit one from about 100'---with a big anhyzer from a bad lie, at that---on Saturday, and demanded the beer right away on the on the grounds that (1) no one was going beat his shot and (2) he wanted the beer for Saturday night.

We thought that was reasonable. (But were prepared to buy another box of beer if reason #1 turned out not to be true).

evil.gif
))

Yes. Longest made shot. We'd award it for an Ace, but it's 492' through a lot of obstacles, so the prize would be dwarfed by the Fame.

We used to do it for the entire tournament. One year Blaine Kinkel hit one from about 100'---with a big anhyzer from a bad lie, at that---on Saturday, and demanded the beer right away on the on the grounds that (1) no one was going beat his shot and (2) he wanted the beer for Saturday night.

We thought that was reasonable. (But were prepared to buy another box of beer if reason #1 turned out not to be true).

If someone aced that hole, it would never be forgotten. I would chip in to add a plaque on the railroad ties with said person's name inscribed.

The thought occurs to me as I'm awaiting a couple custom dyes to arrive (birthday gifts), that custom dyed disc commemorating the event and accomplishment would make a nice wall hanger.

Latest posts