• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What kind of videos???

sansho

Par Member
I notice many courses that have been extensively reviewed and have tons of pictures, yet no videos.

I was wondering is this because people just think it's useless?
Or do they not know what to video?
Or some other reason?

I don't really know but I guess pictures are super easy to shoot, and then quick to look at and to get a good feel of the course.

But what KINDS of videos would people like to see in the Course Media sections? Videos of drives? Putts? Maybe driving from the road to the parking lot, if it's a sketchy way in? Panoramic shots of great views? What else?

Just wanted to hear some feedback, since most courses already have the picture category covered. I would like to add some videos, but would like them to actually be beneficial to people looking at the course page.

Hah, you obviously aren't browsing north east ohio courses. Look up Arboretum, Oak Ledges, Deis Hill, Moraine State Park, Portage Lakes State Park, Roscoe Ewing etc. Check it out, this is a pretty recent one.

I wish I could travel around and shoot more of these, they're fun.

Fly-through videos would be ideal to really get the feel of a course.

I'm hoping to do some vids this season using a quad-copter + GoPro rig we have at work.

MikeC: great vid. Gives a good look at the course. Wish there were more vids like that...

NOW FOR SOME SERIOUS THREAD DRIFT

Your buddy has a wicked lever-arm action. My wife also uses a lever-arm throw because of two...ahem...large physical limitations. She complains sometimes about shoulder problems....does your buddy have the same issue on his throwing shoulder?

NOW RETURNING TO THE REGULARLY SCHEDULED THREAD

A lot of people put up short little videos on here of just one or two holes....sometimes an ace or ace run as well. You just have to find the right courses (ie: POPULAR courses)

We have a gopro but no copter =\

He does fine, never seen him complain of a sore arm. Weird style but he kills the putts so who cares haha.

I put tons of course walkthrough videos up. I have at least 5 on this site and if anyone wants any other bay area courses to have a walkthrough let me know and Ill shoot something next week. click my link in my signature and go to the walkthrough playlist.

Almost all the Rochester, NY courses have really nice, well-shot course walk through videos thanks to a few guys from the GRDGC.

Latest posts