• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What rules would you add (not really, but you might wish for)

reallybadputter

Par Member
My first one would be:

During a tournament round, you can only say how bad you are playing compared to normal or what your score would be if you didn't suck 3 times a round. E.g. "I'd be 7 under if I didn't keep missing these putts"

Penalty for violation: everyone on the card gets to yell "you suck!" during your next drive. The player does not have to be informed of their fourth complaint prior to the enforcement. 😃😃😃

The Emergency Putting Practice Card.

With this card, a player with a serious putting slump or yips, could get 5 free practice putts in the middle of the round, to try to get the wheels back on.

To maintain order, only one person per round would have an EPPC.

I would be that player.

Change rules for putting that a jump putt is not allowed PEROOID. If people on card are not going to call obvious foot faults in the Pro Tour/National Tour then why would we expect an Amateur to do so or be able to tell if a jump putt was a foot fault?

I can see it happen in regular speed on these lead cards where the Pro is foot faulting the first time, there was one just at the last Pro Tour event by one of the players in round 2 who foot faulted bad.

Change rules for putting that a jump putt is not allowed PEROOID. If people on card are not going to call obvious foot faults in the Pro Tour then why would we expect an Amateur to do so or be able to tell if a jump putt was a foot fault?

Yeah but then I can hear it now; "Oh that wasn't a putt that was a throw."

All players in sanctioned tournaments B-tier and above are required to carry a copy of the PDGA's Official Rules of Disc Golf and Competition Manual. Failure to do so will result in a two-stroke penalty that can be assessed only once during the course of the tournament.

If a player chooses to carry a physical paper copy of the rules and competition manual booklet, they will be given a one-stroke BONUS (subtract one-stroke) on there overall tournament score. ;)

All players in sanctioned tournaments B-tier and above are required to carry a copy of the PDGA's Official Rules of Disc Golf and Competition Manual. Failure to do so will result in a two-stroke penalty that can be assessed only once during the course of the tournament.

If a player chooses to carry a physical paper copy of the rules and competition manual booklet, they will be given a one-stroke BONUS (subtract one-stroke) on there overall tournament score. ;)

I would add a section about having actually READ the rules. Maybe require a rules official test to join the PDGA.

Last edited:
I don't care if you step, jump, fly, dive, crawl, whatever...as long as both of your feet (or just 1 if you only have 1 foot) and regardless if in the air or on the ground, is behind your mini at the time of releasing your disc, I'm good.

I would add a section about having actually READ the rules. Maybe require a rules official test to join the PDGA.

There is a rules test you can take; but you have to be PDGA member in good standing. 25 questions. Then if you passed the test, you are given an option to pay $10 and become a Certified Rules Official for 3 years.

At certain levels of play, you are required to be a Certified Rules Official.

https://www.pdga.com/rules/exam

Can I place it on the front of the tee pad before I throw?:D

How about one I've heard in causal rounds... If your drive hits a tree, and you catch it, the throw doesn't count. You get to re-tee.

We play this even for roll-backs. If your tree hit rolls all the way back to you, and you don't have to move, and you "catch" it before it falls over, it's a freebie. Only non-putts though, hitting the basket and rolling back doesn't count.

We also play "2 on 1". i.e. you get 2 drives on the first hole, if you choose, since we usually show up and play without any practice throws.

I would add a section about having actually READ the rules. Maybe require a "rules official test" to join the PDGA.

There is a rules test you can take; but you have to be PDGA member in good standing. 25 questions. Then if you passed the test, you are given an option to pay $10 and become a Certified Rules Official for 3 years.

At certain levels of play, you are required to be a Certified Rules Official.

https://www.pdga.com/rules/exam

(added quotation marks to clarify that I meant the actual "rules official test.")

Right, but I'm saying it should be part of gaining a membership. If you don't know the rules then you can't join. It is the "Professional" Disc Golf Association, after all.

I know, but this a wishful thinking thread.