• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What should I throw into a Headwind from my bag?

The teebird or truth are your best options in your bag right now. If the dx teebird starts flipping over too much in a headwind, then you may have to bite the bullet and pick up a firebird(you live in texas, they're pretty standard issue down here)
I, personally, don't trust the escape in a headwind. When they're fresh, they can handle it ok, but once they are worn in tend to get flipped over.

find a place that sells used discs, do what everyone else does and throw the fast stuff. you will find new distance and trust much quicker but control will be tougher. wraith, light destroyer, dominator a few

play it again plano
2nd hand sports in the colony
place in McKinney forgot name

DFW guys help me out here...

I'll second this as being bad advice. :\

No one jump off a bridge....step outside this week dave? Teebird lol

yes, I was outside several times this week…did you actually read the op where he asked for suggestions from the discs he owns? (yes, I know I suggested a firebird)

a fresh dx teebird is fine into a headwind, and for someone with lower arm speed, even a beat teebird should plenty beefy…..unless of course you have tons of oat in your throw.

Assuming there is no clear cut winner in the current bag....try something new. Higher speed driver create overstable dependability hmmm, no way.

Assuming there is no clear cut winner in the current bag....try something new. Higher speed driver create overstable dependability hmmm, no way.

I also said I can't afford to buy new plastic right now, thus the reason for asking the best option from my current bag.

You should be able to get any driver to hold up at 200 ft. You are certainly suffering from oat/ wrist roll. Even a lighter tee bird should hold up or you need to learn hyzer flipping. I have to hyzer flip my tb into the wind or it turns over. I also suffer from a little oat. I have been able to push a comet near 300 on a hyzer flip into the wind, so you should be able to figure out your bird. Experiment with different release angles into the wind and different power levels of throws until you find the most consistent disc in your bag and stick with it . Good luck in your tourney.

If I were you, I'd skip the tourney and spend the money elsewhere. :)

I also said I can't afford to buy new plastic right now, thus the reason for asking the best option from my current bag.

You will be getting a premium plastic teebird in your players pack tomorrow, or so I hear. If the wind is too much for your truth, then that premium plastic teebird should be able to handle most strong headwind. The teebird is well known for flying the same at varying wind speeds.

It's rare, but sometimes the Texas wind gets to be too much for my teebird. In that case, I have a stupidly overstable 11x champ firebird that I can just throw hyzers with. I KNOW it's not going to turn any and fade back too far left. I also have a Trespass that seems to fit in-between the teebird and the firebird as far as headwind handling capability.

See you tomorrow! :)

Last edited:

Latest posts