• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] What Trilogy disc is most like the Buzzz??

I will answer your question first....TO ME and many others the truth is the closest trilogy disc to a buzzz...that is because they made it with that intention. Like someone else said, it is like the original barstamps from back in 2003 era and the new 10yr ones. They are more overstable than the ones you are probably used to getting right off the shelf but they beat in nicely and decently quick to where it will be like the buzzz you already love.

NOW...that being said. I have to ask,

why the switch to throwing all Trilogy? (this coming from one who does) but it is important for you to know why and what you are doing. Additionally if you say "to be on Team Trilogy" I am going to advise you even more so to reflect on what you are doing and why. Not because it is a bad thing but because knowing is half the battle as they used to say.

I need to cut my molds down. I'm spending too much time thinking about what to throw. The 20 or so molds I have in my bag is too much for me. And my favorite disc company is Lat64 Dynamic and Westside. They have the best feel all around. If I cut my mental game down with a disc selection of 10-15 discs I fell its going to be beneficial to my game and its going to cut strokes off my game.

Distance Drivers: GL Villain (Overstable Headwind's)
Lucid Trespass (Stable to Overstable Sidearm)]
Air Trespass (Max Distance)
Lucid Renegade (Turn over Tailwind)

Fairway Drivers: Bio Fusion Escape (Long range Stable to Overstable)
GL XXX (Overstable Utility Driver)
GL River (Tunnel Hyzerflips slight Turnover)
Vip Underworld (Flippy Driver) This flys like a good sidearm shot for me Max 350-375

Midrange: Opto Pain (Overstable)
Lucid Truth (Stable)
Lucid Turas (Understable)

Putters: Soft Sinus (Overstable) Could be used as a Midrange as well
Opto Pure (Driving Putter)
TM2 Pure (Beat In)
TM2 Pure (New)
Classic Warden x2 (Main Putter)

I fell that this mix of discs is what I'm looking for.

Is the Buzzz executing like you want it to? Are you throwing it well? Are you confident with it? Throw what you want. No manufacturer or brand cares about your game, only you do. Throw what is best for YOUR game.

*I've tried many Trilogy molds and the only one that really set itself apart in a unique way was the Pure. The rest are just pretty attempts at legendary molds.

Is the Buzzz executing like you want it to? Are you throwing it well? Are you confident with it? Throw what you want. No manufacturer or brand cares about your game, only you do. Throw what is best for YOUR game.

*I've tried many Trilogy molds and the only one that really set itself apart in a unique way was the Pure. The rest are just pretty attempts at legendary molds.

I have to completely agree with this.

To the OP, you will stand to benefit greatly from reducing your molds and really learning to throw a few reliable ones. But, Trilogy offers very few workhorse molds, instead they offer a US, stable, and OS at each speed level. Their plastic is great, but IMO their molds leave something to be desired.

:rolleyes:

" I fell its going to be beneficial to my game and its going to cut strokes off my game."

He just said he's trying to do what is best for HIS game. So no need to play cap'n save a discer with this one. I realize it's become the cool thing to do around here. Assume everyone who says trilogy or asks about a disc is on some mission to be on team trilogy but the guy flat out said why and what he's doing. There's no need to poke at people about their choices when you're telling them the best thing to do is make their own choices. That's like me telling you I'm drinking some Fuji water because I'm wanting to hydrate and you're telling me I should only care about my own hydration and keep drinking Aquafina. I like Fuji water. Let me drink. :D

:rolleyes:

" I fell its going to be beneficial to my game and its going to cut strokes off my game."

He just said he's trying to do what is best for HIS game. So no need to play cap'n save a discer with this one. I realize it's become the cool thing to do around here. Assume everyone who says trilogy or asks about a disc is on some mission to be on team trilogy but the guy flat out said why and what he's doing. There's no need to poke at people about their choices when you're telling them the best thing to do is make their own choices. That's like me telling you I'm drinking some Fuji water because I'm wanting to hydrate and you're telling me I should only care about my own hydration and keep drinking Aquafina. I like Fuji water. Let me drink. :D

Thanks Man

I throw the Warship alongside the Buzzz often, and they are different - Warship is longer and fades less. I find the Pain to be more like a Buzzz of the few Trilogy mids I know well.

I had been throwing a 178 Ti Buzzz (the more stable copper colored variety), and recently tried out most of the Trilogy mids to replace it. Only thing that came close for me in flight pattern/stability was a GL Mace. A max weight Lucid Truth was too straight and glidey.

I'm switching just to throw all trilogy. And my Ti is dark blue 178 with minor ink. Why do you have a Truth?

Just curious, and sorry no Truths.
I tried a while back to replace my Buzzz, I felt up everything in the store and threw a whole bunch of other things.
I don't think I tried/felt a Truth then (i think it was before OD was carrying DD) I do want to throw one.
I still carry a Cryztal and ESP Buzzz.
I was curious about what color your Ti was because I think I have a freaky middle of the stability pink one.
So i am always just kinda taking in info.

Besides I don't have any Team Oly Truths !!!

Attachments

• TEAM OLY Buzzz.jpg
    TEAM OLY Buzzz.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 17
That's like me telling you I'm drinking some Fuji water because I'm wanting to hydrate and you're telling me I should only care about my own hydration and keep drinking Aquafina. I like Fuji water. Let me drink. :D

that would be Fiji water, bud.

yes im sure fuji is more commonly used than fiji. just admit you dont really know what youre talking about. people just agree with you so they dont have to read any more paragraph replies.

I've never understood why people are so willing to ditch molds or whole bag setups because it's the "trendy" thing to do. My bag is predominately Innova but I carry a Buzzz and a Pure because I feel like the molds are unique and work for me. Sounds like your Buzzz is working for you too considering you think it's the best disc ever made. Why would you want to replace it? If it ain't broke, don't fix it...maybe I'm just not a trendy DG'er.

That said, reducing your molds and simplifying your bag setup will go a long way in building confidence and consistency. It's hard to know your discs well when you have a lot of overlap and switch molds. Which kind of goes back to not changing your Buzzz slot...

I have a Lucid Truth and it is definitely very Buzzz-like and very nice plastic but it will not kick the Buzzz out. Just like a Teebird, there are a lot of immitators but only one Teebird.

yes im sure fuji is more commonly used than fiji. just admit you dont really know what youre talking about. people just agree with you so they dont have to read any more paragraph replies.

You're so adorable when you just follow people around like a angry little chihuahua who snarls and terrifies no one.

I've never understood why people are so willing to ditch molds or whole bag setups because it's the "trendy" thing to do. My bag is predominately Innova but I carry a Buzzz and a Pure because I feel like the molds are unique and work for me. Sounds like your Buzzz is working for you too considering you think it's the best disc ever made. Why would you want to replace it? If it ain't broke, don't fix it...maybe I'm just not a trendy DG'er.

That said, reducing your molds and simplifying your bag setup will go a long way in building confidence and consistency. It's hard to know your discs well when you have a lot of overlap and switch molds. Which kind of goes back to not changing your Buzzz slot...

I have a Lucid Truth and it is definitely very Buzzz-like and very nice plastic but it will not kick the Buzzz out. Just like a Teebird, there are a lot of immitators but only one Teebird.

True. But you need to add one more thing: If you really want to limit molds and companies it is not about replacing molds. It's taking and testing new molds. Choose then and as Feldberg says: learn your disc. Don't look for a Buzzz from Lat64 or Westside. The Buzzz is the Buzzz, the Warship is the Warship and the Truth is the Truth.

Since you are looking for consistency, try and find a mid from Lat/WS/DD that comes in many plastics, that can be beaten in. People are suggesting the Truth, but saying it's more OS than a Buzzz...that sounds perfect to me. You can get a Lucid Truth, a Bio Fusion and a classic blend or two and have all your mid shots covered after a little beating in. Maybe keep your very OS mid if you desire.

I think that will really help you. For years (as in, 10 or more) I threw a bunch of different mids. Once I changed it to all Rocs (and a Suspect) I quickly became more ccomfortable in my mid game.

Latest posts