• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What u like better tap in birds or sinking that long bird putt?

thats is a very good point.. but at the same time you can't say that it doesn't get to you a little bit.

I get more excited about the long birdies because they're unexpected. There's nothing like the sweet surprise of the disc going in when you were just trying to get it close. It feels like you're getting away with something. I'm also a big fan of the long par saves. ;)
par saves rock, its like the waiter asked if youd like the special(bogey) and u said no thanks ill have the fish(par) instead:confused:

I have to say that I really love the tap ins. You throw one great shot, then you know you are done with the hole, and you know you're going to card that birdie. When I get one on a tough hole, it raises my confidence a ton, more for me than hitting those long putts. The great drive usually feels like something I can duplicate, while the long putt usually feels like luck to me. I know that's a silly mental thing, but that's how it works for me.

I prefer tap in birds all day if I can get them, but if I go a couple of holes without needing my putter I find that the next couple of holes that I do need to putt make me suffer because my putting rhythm is gone.

Sometimes I think a long putt of 50' or more is harder than parking a drive.

I made two outside the circle today one from maybe 45' and one from 40'. I was happier about those putts to save par than I was with the holes I parked!

I love making long putts but I'd rather have a tap in. Like others have said, it's a great feeling after your drive while you're walking to your shot knowing you are going to make bird.

I love making long putts but I'd rather have a tap in. Like others have said, it's a great feeling after your drive while you're walking to your shot knowing you are going to make bird.
when your walking up there you feel like freaking travolta in S.N.F , now all you need is some bgs on your ipod just in case:)

having a sure birdie is far less stressful than making a long birdie putt ... but those long putts sure are sweet at times.

when your walking up there you feel like freaking travolta in S.N.F , now all you need is some bgs on your ipod just in case:)
The funny thing is I ALWAYS play the beegees when I'm playing a round, also I like to wear my polyester bellbottoms on the course.
Nothing like the feeling of getting a a drop in birdie than being able to do the hustle with goldfish in your platforms.

The funny thing is I ALWAYS play the beegees when I'm playing a round, also I like to wear my polyester bellbottoms on the course.
Nothing like the feeling of getting a a drop in birdie than being able to do the hustle with goldfish in your platforms.
All you need now is a paintcan full of discs;)

both for different reasons.

tap-ins because it puts much more pressure on the other team (or players) to make their shot.

but it's also fun to sink the long ones and see the soul-crushing look on your opponents faces when they don't gain that stroke they thought they were...

i like the tap in birdies myself. it means you have hit a very good drive. but i also like the long putts as well. they are both good in my mind. ill take either one :D

id have to say tap in.....good drive= easy putt, although the long putts are always fun...

tap ins are good, long putts are great, but me personally i prefer an ace :)

Long putts are more satisfying to me.