• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What was the first disc you ever threw?

Very first discs were a DX Stingray weight unknown as I lost on an old sign course in Griffin Park in Pierre I lost during only my second time playing ever and a 166 gram weight Rubber Putter pre DuPont added to the plastic that was with the Stingray I got from an uncle in Last week in July 2003 after playing a round with the uncle.

My mom has the old Rubber Putter as it is a very close to a putter version of the Comet used for approach shots under 50 feet, she uses a late 1990's classic grid Aviar for under 22 feet and a newer for longer puts inside the circle.

I did also in first year use a 145 Pro Jr mold the late 1990's version from Wham-O as an early disc for some shots. Yes the on the internet there did exist places to buy discs but since I did not know what I would like, I waited till I was in a store to buy discs to feel the discs up and what I would like.

I have no clue. But the first disc I ever bought was yellow. Again, no clue what it was. And it was definitely Innova because that was all I could find really.

I began playing this game using a Wham-O lid. My first golf disc was a used XD I bought off a player from out of town as we were playing the first hole and the group he was with was coming back up the hill on the fairway of the second hole.

It's really hard to say at this point. I wasn't paying much attention to disc molds at that point. It might have been a Polaris or some other Millennium driver, back around 2005.

I had thrown an Ultrastar many many times, but never on a disc golf course.

My very first time +20 years ago... not sure. I just used what a friend gave me

2 years ago when I actually started playing, I bought ( basing my decision solely on color ) 2 DX valkyries, 1 DX beast and a DX wraith. the Valks and Wraith I still respect but the beast was a flip machine.

Then a friend gave me a disc he said he couldn't get to work... Enter a Pro D Undertaker:thmbup: The first disc I could laser beam.

DX Whippet. That was a fun year of trying to figure out why my disc wouldn't go straight like other people's...

haha! its funny to think back to when we didn't know.

I had no clue why one of those DX Valkyries didn't follow the line as I hyzered it around a corner. No, it flipped up and flew straight... way off the fairway:|

But now its fun to play with a newb. Recently a buddies son played with us. After watch him near tomahawking his throws, I gave him a super OS disc. The look on his face was classic as his throw had the big S and went LONG :clap:

Not sure what I threw for that first round, it was a set of borrowed discs. I found an unmarked DX Valk when I played the second time, that was the first disc of my own. The first disc I bought was a Elite-X Stratus that I still use once in a while.

The first one I ever threw I think was an Orc. My cousin got into playing back in 2004/5 and I tried playing with him a few times but didn't catch the bug for some time. Around 2012 and I was gifted some discs by a friend.

Used, beat in Innova KC-Pro Roc3 (I think it was a Roc3, may just have been a Roc). Lost it three times, came back twice...third time not so lucky.

First I ever threw: my friend's Elite XL

First I ever owned: Lightning #2 Slice that I found on a course somewhere

First I ever bought: 160g Champion Eagle

I have no idea what the first disc mold I ever threw was, but I do know that the first disc I threw regularly was a DX Wolf.

When I got into playing disc golf, I bought 2 used discs from the local pro shop at La Mirada. A 166g dx Archangel and a max weight Birdie. Still throw the Birdie from time to time, by the archangel I cant throw anymore

Latest posts