• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What was the first disc you ever threw?

First disc I threw, while knowing what disc golf was; Innova DX Aviar.

I threw some discs around '06 or '08 but I have no idea what they were, and had no idea what disc golf was.

Im sure i posted in here before but i dont remember.

The first disc i threw was some type of dx innova. No memory of the mold.

First disc i owned was a Discraft XL i found wayyyyy up in a tree. The next disc was a "chains" aviar i found sitting on top of a basket.

Threw those 2 discs for several years before i found leagues and tournaments.

My soccer coach in highschool was an avid disc golfer and brought a stack of orcs and sidewinders to practice and had us throw them across the field and try to land in the goal. I had never heard of disc golf so I thought they were sharp frisbees. He showed me how to hold a sidearm because I said I couldnt back hand. Then I threw a champion sidewinder sidearm to within a foot of the goal post. Not bad ~275 for a first sidearm throw ever. I had never even seen someone throw a frisbee like that before.

DX Raven, beat as hell. After a couple rounds the guy who was teaching me loaned me his champ Valk - which was the first disc I ever lost :(

As luck would have it, I'm at my parents and found not the first disc I ever played with, but the first disc I bought and one I used for a loooong time. Lightning #3 driver, gonna take it on a round sometime this week and see how it flies.

Attachments

• 46B081B6-E868-4D30-A50C-8A7740B42E8E.jpg
    46B081B6-E868-4D30-A50C-8A7740B42E8E.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 7