• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] What you putt with and why

I just use good ole dx pa aviars. They are straight with a reliable little fade and full of glide.

I got me an Aviar Classic. Why? It was the only one I saw that was zero turn and zero fade. Definitely just psychological for in-the-circle putts, but that's why I picked it. It's a good putter, nice and stiff, heavy, goes in the chains. However, recently I have been experimenting with the Birdie, which I don't know if true but it at least seems to me to do well for longer putts, as well as my approach shots. I just wish they were made in champ plastic :/

there are champion birdies out there

I use a beat up aviar, it holds lines great for me. For longer puts I use a blowfly, that way I can go for it an not skip 30 feet past the basket if I miss.

Medium VPs. It was only the third putter mold I've ever tried, but I've been using them exclusively for ~8 months now. Pretty happy with them, even if I have some complaints (the grass is always greener...).

I love the grip on Vibram's Medium X-Link, especially in warmer weather. I like that they have a little give, but aren't floppy, and they're ultra durable: they'll basically last forever. The deep profile suits my somewhat big hands rather well. They feel very comfortable to put with.

I started putting with them because they were my go-to approach disc, and I wanted to see if I could cut down on molds. I don't drive with them often, and have been entertaining thoughts of searching for a driving putter at some point, but as a putting putter, I've no desire to move on from my VPs.

I used kc aviars for a while and started to feel less than confident in them. I bought a couple of judges and quickly discovered the kc aviars were tons better for me. I realized I liked the extra over stability at the end and the firmness of the plastic feels way better to me than rubbery plastic.

classic soft wardens. I had an rgl pure and soft warlock. got a smoking deal on 2 soft wardens and that's where it stops. just love the feel in my hand

i use yeti aviars because they said 3x world putting champion so i figured they'd be good for putting.
Now they say 4X world putting champion so they must be even better.

I also have DD Suspects. They are great discs but never putted with them. However they have a shallow rim and same diameter as a normal putter. I'm going to take them out for practice tomorrow. Credo/Sinus/Suspect testing tomorrow.

I was putting with a 174 R-pro Aviar. I then picked up a 175 soft proton Ion specifically for driving. I really loved the feel of the bead, now it's taken over all putter duties. I am still lacking a bit of power, especially on uphill putts, so occasionally I'll break out the Aviar or even the Powerdrive gumbputt if I need to avoid rolls in case of a miss. I have an orange wizard with the Grateful Dead dancing bears on it, but as a big Dead fan I'm trying to keep it nice for display.

I went from dx pna aviars, to star pna, to sss wizards to soft proton anodes. I never really clicked with aviars. I clicked a bit with wizards but the bead felt like it hung on my fingers so. It's nose felt better in hand than the aviar though.

I have settled on soft anodes as they are beadless and fit my hand well. The softs go farther with less effort for my putting style. I don't spin putt too much so I don't get the spit out others seem to.

I've been using beaded putters for over 2.5 years, and after deciding to switch from Ions I shopped around between Wizards, KC Aviars, and Judges. It came down to who gave me the best deal on a bulk order, and DD/Judges won out. I liked the feel of judges in the hand better than KC's, and so far it's working out pretty well.

i throw pa4 special edition 173 and pa2.. And to be honest they have been some of the best putters for me the past couple of months.. I started playing seriously this past summer and had a classic aviar then switched to a vp.. they just didnt feel right until i held a prodigy pa4.. and i can honestly say that tis disc has changed my game completely. lowering my 2 putts into long birdie putts and saving those par shots when in a rough situation. i recommend them to anybody!!

I finally settled on sss wizards. Tried anode, aviar, rhyno, nova. The only one I still bag is the nova as an approach disc. Wizards just feel right. I am more confident with them and feel I have much better contril with them.

I putt with factory store pro Rhynos. They are great for upshots, and they feel great to me in the hand. They are also great in the wind

I putt with an Omega. I love the feel and I feel that the plastic is very consistent.

The Wizard is just what I'm used to. I like using the same putter for approaches and putts and the Wizard has worked great for all kinds of drives, approaches and feels comfortable to putt with. Most plastic blends I've seen Wizards in feel amazing. I've figured I like a bead on a putter and prefer stable to OS ones. I briefly tried a KC Aviar and a Rhyno (both great) this summer, mainly because the last two Wizards (g9i) beat in way too quickly, just to try out some alternatives but haven't had problems in terms of durability after starting to use Medium flex and Soft Wizards.