• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] What you putt with and why

It's useless, Streets. Keep up the fight though.

I use a stack of Neutron Ions that have seasoned into straight buttah.

I use the Soft Banger GT. I started using it last year. I would describe it simply as stable. Holds its own in the wind, doesn't turn over unless I force it to. The soft, grippy X-line plastic feels great in my hands and grabs the chains very well. The groove top design is ridiculously comfortable and allows me to get the exact same grip every time I hold the disc. I was using a KC Pro Aviar since '04 until last year when I made this switch. I keep two in the bag strictly for putting and one that I use for upshots. The X-line plastic has been holding up very well.

I putt with Neutron Ion and approach with a Proton Ion. Depending on the situation, I carry a Eclipse Anode and a Proton Envy. The beauty is the discs feel very similar in the hand with different stabilities. I find it allows for many options depending on the conditions or situation.

It's useless, Streets. Keep up the fight though.

I use a stack of Neutron Ions that have seasoned into straight buttah.

And thus another redundant thread is born.

Wizards by the way, because everything else is just a putter.

Threads got merged. Good work, mods. Now Streets will sleep well tonight. :p

IMG_4765_zps79f04784.jpg

Just added this beauty to the bag .

I cannot seem to settle in on a putter. What has led you to stick with one mold?

To answer your question, I use more than one putter. Pros use more than one putter, as well.

It's easier to use putters better suited for various situations than to adjust yourself to every single situation. Here's the simplified method to my madness:

Understable putter for tailwinds
Overstable putter for headwinds
Traditional style putter for short putts

I used Pa4 for putting but now I think I'll put with Pa3. Pa4 stays in the bag. It's best short approach disc I've thrown.

After many battles with many putters, I have settled on my Judges. The bead helps me with my hand placement consistency.

KC Aviars. Yeti Aviars in rain or snow.

I love Wizards though and have been thinking of bagging one for drives.

Tried Judges but they just didn't jive with me.

Soft/Blend/fuzion Judge for me. I like the shallow beaded feel, it's very comfortable in my hand. I like the various plastics it comes in. I like that I'm comfortable throwing any type of shot with them. For years I threw challengers, but even right up to the point where I dropped them, I still sometimes found myself thinking about the feel of it in my hands when I was getting ready to putt, which really tells me that I was never really comfortable with that disc in my hands.

Currently, a 167 DX Aviar - it feels right and flies right :)

has been previously replaced by:
Classic Aviars
Soft Magnet
SS Warlock
SS Wizard
P Anode
P Ion