• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] What you putt with and why

RHYNO is my jam!

So way back in the way back day my second disc was a rhyno. I figured one disc was fine for me until I saw my buddies all had a rhyno in their bag, and they all raved about them. I started with a dx which beat in to a nice neutral stable gem. Then I bought a champion one because I wanted the meatiness to last longer, and boy did it ever last. I didn't even carry any mids until two years ago because my Rhynos could do what I needed, but after those two left me for greener fairways and I tried the newer runs I was slightly bummed they were so different. I tried judges, but hate how they soar in a head wind putt, plus the classic plastic beats in too fast. I tried every version of the aviar there is and love the kc in the summer and jk in the winter...but neither will replace my Rhynos. I like the factory store pro rhynos a lot, they are great for putts and approaches. I like the dx for drives and mid range shots, especially once they beat in. As always, Ontario is best, then the factory store ones, then dx. Champ rhynos are awesome, but I haven't found any I like as much as the old Ontario ones (most new ones are domey). Glad I could ramble on and on about my precious, hope you didn't fall asleep halfway. I.just.effing.love.rhynos!

I carry various putters. My go to Putt putter is a SS magic. The ones in my bag are never thrown for any reason other than putting. For extra windy days or putts where I just need a bit extra stability I will throw a $$$ wizard. I drive with a voodoo, and carry a summit for a utility disc.

I have been switching it up. Mixed betwene the PA4 and the judge. The PA4 seems to be better in putting practice, but on the course I think the judge is slightly better. I think it's just better with lines. I still bag the PA4 for understable and stable driving.

Original pro line soft rhynos, feel the best in my hand have bout 16 back ups so should last forever for me.

Use a mix of putters, use the Eraser 25 Wizard for putting, an RFF Wizard for long putts and stable approaching, a Soft Magic for elevator shots and short range turnovers, and a Pro Pig for spikes, flicks, and short pancake overhands released at a 45 degree angle that land upside down for tricky placement.

Original pro line soft rhynos, feel the best in my hand have bout 16 back ups so should last forever for me.

I think the Innova pro shop has these as 2nds for being slightly concave but the plastic, thumb area, rim, and flight are identical.

For those who haven't stocked up yet, do so while you can.

Rhyno, XD does me fine.

I love my RFF Wizard. It wants to live in the basket and doesn't spit/spin out or roll away. It isn't as floppy as a blowfly or a gumputt either.

Basically really easy to throw and stops where it lands.

I also have a champ Rhyno I use for night play and headwinds.

Pro-D Banger GT. I've been a wizard thrower for most of the time I've been playing and bought 2 bangers on a whim. Feel great, putt great, and I'm not missing my wizards so far.

My First Run black McPro Aviars. I like the waxy feel the plastic has, and they get grippy after you beat them in, plus I like the feel and flight of beadless putters.

I tried a Voodoo SSS and it was clear that I was done searching for the right putter.
The gateway sss voodoo and the discraft zone are the only 2 putters that I use. Have tried a lot of different ones. What the zone can't do the voodoo definately can.

Medium VPs. It was only the third putter mold I've ever tried, but I've been using them exclusively for ~8 months now. Pretty happy with them, even if I have some complaints (the grass is always greener...).

I love the grip on Vibram's Medium X-Link, especially in warmer weather. I like that they have a little give, but aren't floppy, and they're ultra durable: they'll basically last forever. The deep profile suits my somewhat big hands rather well. They feel very comfortable to put with.

I started putting with them because they were my go-to approach disc, and I wanted to see if I could cut down on molds. I don't drive with them often, and have been entertaining thoughts of searching for a driving putter at some point, but as a putting putter, I've no desire to move on from my VPs.
If you are looking for a driving putter then look no more. Try the gateway sss voodoo and I think you will agree.

Rhyno for most putts, because it flies and fades predictably in all but the windiest conditions. For putts that I need to shape around obstacles, throw really high, or just want less fade, KC Pro Aviar. I should throw the KC's a lot more than I do but I have issues throwing them right of the basket on a straight-line putt. One of those two gets used for all shots within about 50 feet. I carry other putters for longer shots but I use them as more of a controlled mid.

I've used a few, DX Aviars were the go to for a while, but after using a few others I round that it wasn't my favorite feel.

I found a pink RFF Wizard at PIAS lightly used and I have found my chain hitter. It doesn't roll, seldom spits out and if it hits the rim it wants to bounce in. Love the small bead too.

I stumbled onto an Elite Z Banger GT Limited Edition and fell in love. Now I'm sitting on a stack of KC Aviars that won't get used LOL The banger is so money for me. My putter search is over.

and I've already reverted back to the KC Aviar LOL

I always come back

Latest posts