• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whats a straighter Wizard

wraithrower

Par Member
I was putting and my Wizards seem to be too overstable. I am wondering if there is a putter that has a similar feel to the wizard (bead and depth) but is straighter inside of the circle.

yeti pros are advertised as not as overstable as a kc. Though I think you should stick with the Wizard because they are the best :D

I was putting and my Wizards seem to be too overstable. I am wondering if there is a putter that has a similar feel to the wizard (bead and depth) but is straighter inside of the circle.

Voodoo....i dont usually do this but

/thread

Last edited:
He's talking about putting inside the circle. Every putter acts similarly inside the circle. If you want a straighter Wizard inside the circle, start putting with more confidence.

Get out and practice.

/THREAD

Last edited:
Get a slightly lighter wizard. I putted with 175s for a bit and they do drop/hyzer quickly. 165-170 grams and you'll be fine.

The Warlock is a straighter Wizard, but no bead at all. Ion will be really close in flight and shape but it's going to feel quite different in your hand because of the plastic alone.

This

throw your wiz into a tree really hard once.

This, but repeat many times. Play some rounds with it off the tee. That will beat it in too. If you like the feel of the Wizard, but want it straight this is the way to go. If you want a beardless, less stable putter then you need to look elsewhere. Putters are all about feel and confidence so it is difficult for people to give you a real good answer. You must find your own truth young grasshopper.

If you're talking inside the circle, the stability of the disc isn't going to be your issue. Within 30 feet, any disc can go straight for the chains. So I think what you're asking for is not an equipment-related "this disc is too overstable" but a technique-related "I'm putting this disc with too much hyzer and/or not enough power." In all honesty, it's all going to be feel and confidence. If you like the Wizard's feel and bead, then stick with it.

I'm really not trying to be snarky about it. But there are so many shot situations where a specific disc will be exactly what you're looking for; distance, thumbers, what-have-you. But inside the circle putting is one of those situations where it shouldn't matter if you pull out a Blizzard Katana (I'm exaggerating only slightly), it's almost purely skill.

Now if you wanted a straighter putter for...say...100ft approaches, then we have an equipment thread.

Latest posts