• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's all in your bag?

e_mccoy33

Hey there guys. I just recently made an account here in DG Course Review and I really like it so far. With that being said, I was really curious to know what you guys are throwing these days. I just started playing disc golf about 4 months ago and have acquired roughly 30 discs or so over that time span. I basically have stuck to DX and decided that it is my favorite plastic blend. With that being said, I would like to let you guys know exactly what I'm throwing and to hear nthe same from you guys. First of all, I am using a Magellan disc golf backpack and seat. For backhand drives, I've been using two DX Beast-X's and a DX Teebird. For forehands, I've been using two DX Firebird's and a DX Banshee. Last, but not least, I've been throwing a Sidewinder as a roller and have had great luck with it lately. For mid ranges, I'm a big time Roc guy so I have two 177g DX Roc's. They work amazing and are very reliable. And for clutch awkward shots, I like to use my DX Wedge. The Wedge is great for awkward shots, decently short rollers, and short approaches. I enjoy the Wedge a lot and would recommend it to anybody trying to make their Bogey's turn into Par's or Birdie's. And last but not least, I have two DX Aviar Classics that I love very much and have found reliable so many different times. All in all, my discs are all 175g except for the two 177g Roc's. I really enjoy and love my DX set and would recommend it to almost anybody. With that being said, please let me know what you guys are using to throw nowadays. I know that DX is a little outdated but it's still my favorite and beats in really perfect. Thanks guys!:)

DX is great ! i recently found a beat DX Beast that is FaB for long turnovers, i prefer the grip of the Gstar, and the durability of the Champion type plastic, but DX definitely has it's advantages, your bag sound great! rock on!

I think it's a little disingenuous to ask others what they throw when you yourself don't list things like where you're from or where you've thrown. Until you list those things I'll never tell you what's in my bag........

My bag is a duffel bag from Walmart I got for $8 on clearance... I built a pvc disc frame for it.

Drivers - Gstar Colossus, Champ Daedalus and Thunderbird, Blizzard Boss, and a Wahoo for those water drives.
Mids - 2 Star Mako3s
Putters - A beat to death Soft Magnet and a Star Aviar P&A.

The Daedalus is my most used driver... that thing soars.
Just got the Colossus from a local Innova ambassador who works with a good friend of mine... I only had to endure getting my butt handed to me on the course as compensation LOL.
I have 2 Mako3s because I lost one, immediately replaced it, and found the lost one the next time out.

I also keep a couple golf balls to knock discs out of trees, a towel for drying things off, and a cooler that can hold a six pack.

Wedge is an incredible disc, I use it for rollers off the tee, US mid shots, long jump putts, and more.

I like your bag, especially a newer player with DX plastic, and a fairly minimized bag for molds and overall discs. :thmbup:

Eventually you'll likely outgrow baseline plastic for pretty much anything but putters and rollers, but it sounds like it's ideal for you at this time.

I think it's a little disingenuous to ask others what they throw when you yourself don't list things like where you're from or where you've thrown. Until you list those things I'll never tell you what's in my bag........

You listed your discs below your name. Where's Ring of Fire?

G*star Daedalus. Trust me, get one.

Hey there guys. I just recently made an account here in DG Course Review and I really like it so far. With that being said, I was really curious to know what you guys are throwing these days. I just started playing disc golf about 4 months ago and have acquired roughly 30 discs or so over that time span. I basically have stuck to DX and decided that it is my favorite plastic blend. With that being said, I would like to let you guys know exactly what I'm throwing and to hear nthe same from you guys. First of all, I am using a Magellan disc golf backpack and seat. For backhand drives, I've been using two DX Beast-X's and a DX Teebird. For forehands, I've been using two DX Firebird's and a DX Banshee. Last, but not least, I've been throwing a Sidewinder as a roller and have had great luck with it lately. For mid ranges, I'm a big time Roc guy so I have two 177g DX Roc's. They work amazing and are very reliable. And for clutch awkward shots, I like to use my DX Wedge. The Wedge is great for awkward shots, decently short rollers, and short approaches. I enjoy the Wedge a lot and would recommend it to anybody trying to make their Bogey's turn into Par's or Birdie's. And last but not least, I have two DX Aviar Classics that I love very much and have found reliable so many different times. All in all, my discs are all 175g except for the two 177g Roc's. I really enjoy and love my DX set and would recommend it to almost anybody. With that being said, please let me know what you guys are using to throw nowadays. I know that DX is a little outdated but it's still my favorite and beats in really perfect. Thanks guys!:)

Stay away from drivers as long as you and learn midranges and putters. The Meteor, Comet and XD/Colt are good to start with but if you must throw drivers try a Leopard.

Bunch of discs, a rain jacket, towels, pens, pencil, granola bars and a couple of minis.

Sharpie, pencils, rain jacket,umbrella, several towels,hand warmers, mini,water,coffee or tea, smsll clip board,two each of My favorite discs for backup and snacks. FYI I have a Zuca cart

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I guess I'll bite.

2 p-line P2s - go to putter of choice
1 XT aviar - circle 2 or straddle putter of choice
1 BT hard Harp - Sidearm approach or driving putter
1 DX Roc- I cycle through a group of three to maintain good stability
1 DX Roc3- Stable, I also cycle this disc
1 Pinnacle Patriot - Hyzerflip to turnover disc, mostly used in tight fairways and turn over shots when the sidearm is not appropriate.
1 Icon Rival - basic straight fairway shots
1 Champion Roc3 - beat in and flippy
1 Discmania FD3 - Sidearm left to right, use it when I need more distance than my firebird. Backhand flex shots, tight fairway or double mandy disc of choice. One of the most consistent and predictable discs in my bag.
1 Champion firebird- Backhand hyzers, spike hyzers, flex shots
1 Sexton firebird - More stable than my champion, sidearm only
4 star Destroyers - Two of them are identical Mcbeth signature discs. One is a swirly pop top signature Mcbeth with max stability and glide, and a straighter one with less glide than the swirly but more glide than the 2 identical ones. I also use this for forehand rollers also.
1 Pinnacle Outlaw - Sidearm only for wide open lines to the left of the fairway
1 Star Ape - Sidearm disc of choice, use it for anything, tight fairways, flex anny, hyzer shots. It does it all.
1 Echo Star Wraith- Straight distance shots, hyzer flips, tailwind and controlled driver,
1 Glow champion Katana Max distance turnover driver or sidearm max distance disc
1 Star Daedalus - I use to throw this for max sidearm throws but now its just sitting in my bag waiting for me to devote a little time to learn how to backhand roll.
1 Star Colossus - Flippy max distance disc for anny or flat lines
1 Champion Colossus - Use this one when I need more distance or a little less stability than my destroyers
1 c-line PD2 - Headwind and big hyzer disc, flex sidearm lines as well

Putters/approach
175 DX grid avair
175 DX PFN chain avair (2)
175 XT NoVA
172 R-pro Pig

Midrange
180 star Roc3 (bottom stamp)
172 star vcobra
176 300 M3
175 DX PFN shark

Fairway
175 star eagle
171 star Leopard
172 champ TL
169 star PFN Valkry

Distance
166 star beast
171 star mamba
169 pro tern
168 Gstar daedlus

I carry all this in the prodigy BP3 bag. Along with minis, birdie bag, water and red bull. I'm from the southeast and play mostly heavily wooded course. I am thinking about switching a few innova molds to prodigy.

Ill join the party here..

Putters
175 swirly SSS Wizard - main putter
175 beat SS Wiz - long putts and US upshots
174 RFF Wiz - go to approach disc, hits & sits
174 Evo Wiz - driving Wiz
175 Warspear - OS approaches

Mids
177 Beat in Prototype Element - US Mid
180 Ti Buzzz - straight Mid
178 Z FLX Buzzz - straight with fade
180 Sentinel - reliable driving mid
175 Demon - crazy OS for flicks and hyzers

Fairway
171 champ Leopard - US Fairway
175 beat champ Teebird - multi use fairway
175 slightly beat Star Teebird - straight fairway
173 Champ Teebird - Reliably stable
175 beat Firebird - For flicks and hyzers that stretch out a little longer
175 flat top Firebird - Super OS for flicks and such
165 CE Eagle - just for fun :p

Distance
175 Illusion - just trying one out
175 beat Wraith - US drives
169 slightly beat Wraith - straight with fade
175 Champ Wraith - reliably OS driver
175 beat Giant - max Distance US driver
174 slightly beat Giant - straight with fade, little longer than Wraith
175 Giant - nice and OS for big hyzers

Putters=5
Pro Pig - 172
Champion XD - 175
XT Colt - 170s
R-Pro XD - 175
4x JK Pro Aviar - 174

Mids=4
Star Mako(1st run) - 177
F2 Star Mako - 180
Champion Roc3 - 180
KC Pro Flat Top Roc - 177

Drivers=8
Champion Leopard3 - 171
Champion Roadrunner - 165
Champion Monarch - 172
Champion Whippet - 170s
Champion Wraith - 175
Champion Tern - 167 & 172
Star Destroyer(1st run) - 175
DX Beast - 172

Totally from memory so the weights may not be accurate. Also thought I had 18 in the bag but I can't think of what that last one is......:doh:

Oh and it's a Grip B Series bag

Putters
SSS Wizard
Evo Wizard
OG Pro Pig x2

Mids
DX Glo Roc
DX bottom stamp Roc
Star Atlas

Drivers
G-Star Tern
Champ Tern
Pro Starfire (SL)
Champ SL
Champ Valkyrie
Champ Glo Valkyrie
Champ Mamba
Star Teebird

Bag:
Fade Crunch Box

Putters:
Zero Hard Spike
Classic Judge

Mids:
Comet
Wombat
Kaxe Z
Verict

Drivers:
River
Vision
Thief
Saint
Krait

All discs except putters are premium (I don't cycle molds) and are 165-175g except the Krait which is 139g and my longest disc on calm days.

This is from memory on what's in my bag right now as it's not with me at the moment. Also not going to try and remember specific weights or plastics, but all premium & most are 170-175.

Bag:
Latitude Luxury E3

Putters:
Megasoft Gauntlet
Medium Gauntlet
Soft Sinus
Hard Sinus

Mids:
2 Truths
Compass
Verdict

Fairway Drivers:
River
Hatchet
Saint
Saint Pro
Falchion
Culverin
Felon

Distance Drivers:
Sampo
Boatman
Enforcer
Trespass
2 Renegades
Destiny
Cutlass
Giant

And if I happen to be going to play Lakeside DGC, I'll throw in a Blizzard Boss for hole 1.

I also carry various towels, a birdie bag, clipboard, scorecards, ibuprophen, bug spray, alcohol wipes, pencils, marker, rain poncho, 2 golf balls (tree disc retrieval), a set of contacts, and most importantly a partial roll of TP. I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Tourney days add a chair and umbrella.

Latest posts