• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What's NEVER leaving your bag?

I think NEVER is a strong word, but I have a really hard time seeing Opto Pure go anywhere.

My current thrower is money and it will never leave the bag unless I lose it. My only concern is that some of the new ones lacked that tiny bit of stability. So the only way I drop the Pure is if I lose the current one and can't find a good replacement.

I used to say Firebird but my 175g Z Crush is taking all of those shots now. Just as OS and with less effort. Never say never.

Drone here. QJs too. (7/18/13)

=====

The Drone is taking a hiatus because I'm having fun with a Breaker and Shock but it'll always be in my "full" bag (only been carrying 5 or 6 discs since the fall).

QJLS' got the boot - decided to sell off my older ones and the Crave is just magic. Happy medium between the JLS and an OLF, both of which I love. (5/13/14)

=====

Surprised I didn't mention the Buzzz. It has left and come back many times because I enjoy throwing new molds - I'm done benching them anymore. Drones and Buzzz' most definitely. If I ever lose my Crave I'll try Patriots just out of curiosity (in hand they feel just like a JLS) but don't know if either of them can truly replace what QJs had in my heart:rolleyes: (6/25/14)

It's fun to check back in on threads like this...makes me want to track down an old QJ. The Drone and Buzzz are still safely in my bag and some old friends have returned as well - Cobra, Banshee, and Clutch [Magnet].

I doubt anything will replace those five I just mentioned:popcorn:

i cant say never leaving the bag, but one disc that hasnt left the bag yet is a buzzz. ive always had a buzzz in the bag since day 1 and i dont see it going anywhere anytime soon. been an flx more times than not. also S-line PD's. i found one without a name on it my first week playing and ive always had at least one in the bag since. currently i have 2 in the bag. had 4 in the bag a month ago.

Last edited:
probably said this before in the thread but IONS! I have some from 2011 which still fly like ions, its stupid.

165g 2005 Player's Cup Tracker
175g Pro D Challenger (old stamp)
200g Champion Zephyr
175g Glow Buzzz GT

After the last couple rounds, my GL River made my list. I lost my sidewinder which was my best disc in my bag ;(

After the last couple rounds, my GL River made my list. I lost my sidewinder which was my best disc in my bag ;(

ouch didn't you just post sidewinder not long ago?
that sucks man.

star sidewinder is pretty ultimate. It's been one of my favorites since I started dg.

Up to a few weeks ago I would have said the Stag would never had left my bag, then i tried a saint pro and my stags had took a seat. However i can safely say the Spike will never leave my bag as long as they continue to make them. It feels like it was custom made for my hands.

ouch didn't you just post sidewinder not long ago?

that sucks man.

star sidewinder is pretty ultimate. It's been one of my favorites since I started dg.

Yea I think it was over the weekend I posted it lol. Hopefully it's found and I'm contacted, but it clipped a tree and in to the woods, probably buried under leaves

Prolly said this before doe but its the envy all day. Id trade out all my discs for it

It's like the Thunderdome in there, no man is safe.

Star Ontario Rhyno, but only the super gummy(even more than g-star) and flat ones. Found one once, and when I called the owner, they said they didn't want it. Since this was early on, I kept it in my very limited bag. Other than my putting putter, it has become my most thrown disc. Now I stockpile them when I can. Best upshot disc I have ever thrown.

In order from least likely to leave my bag.

Most likely never,
1. Wizard for putting duties. There will never be a need to change, it feels good in the hand.
2. PD in various plastic/wear for controlled medium to long distance drives.
3. Pro Leopard.
4. Envy for primary driving putter. Replaced the Ion.
Still don't see it ever leaving^

Other staples that have a chance of being replaced, but they definitely do the job.

A. Predator - Does the job very well, but I would be open to something else.
B. Axiom Alias - This disc is pretty new to me, but it flies true. I like that it feels more like the Envy in my hand than the Buzzz, and Axis that were bagged before it.

Latest posts