• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Whats the best Innova disc's

veek

Birdie Member
I'm tired of spending hard earned bucks on crapy discs, I just realized the Roc is the best mid but what about putters and drivers ? Is there a putter & driver that stands above all others like the Roc does for mids. I just looked at the "Which Innova disc sucks the most ?" thread, and I have all of them. I need help !!!

Last edited:
What do you mean by "stands above all others?" Do you mean best of any manufacturer for the role, best from Innova for the role or as good as anything out there, but not necessarily better than other manufacturers for the role?

Get you...

1 kc pro aviar
1 dx roc
1 kc pro roc (max weight)
1 champion wraith
1 star eagle
1 champion tee bird
1 champion roadrunner

and learn to play. that's a great bag.

Well I've only been using Innova but if there is a better disc for the role, thats what I want. I only been playing about a year and i'm wasting lots of money on junk. Maybe Innova discs suck, I dont know, lots of my disc are on the sucky list. Whats the best putters & drivers ?

What do you currently have? It sounds like you're falling into the "It's not me, it's the disc" trap that I did, and most people do when they're learning.

What do you currently have? It sounds like you're falling into the "It's not me, it's the disc" trap that I did, and most people do when they're learning.
This is what I throw now.
Sonic
Groove
Beast
Star Boss
r pro Boss

Here's a quick list of discs from each category that I think are worth considering throwing. There will probably be discs that are just as good or better that I forget, but hopefully I won't forget any of the absolute best discs.

Putters (preferably stiff and low end type plastic):
Wizard
Warlock
Voodoo
Challenger
Focus
Banger
KC Pro Aviar

Mids:
KC Pro or DX Roc
Buzzz
Wasp

Fairway drivers for those throwing <320':
Polaris LS
DX Cheetah

Fairway drivers for those throwing >320:
D/ESP Cyclone
Gazelle
Teebird
Eagle

Overstable drivers for those throwing <320':
Banshee
EXP1

Overstable drivers for those throwing >320':
Z Predator
Champ Firebird
E Spirit
XXX

Moderately overstable drivers for those throwing >320':
S/Q OLF
Z/ESP Avenger
Champ/Star Starfire
PD

Distance drivers:
Valkyrie
XS
X Avenger
Orc
Flash
Destroyer
Wraith
Surge

Again, this isn't an exhaustive list, it's just a combination of what are probablay the best discs on the market and what I recommend.

My Sonic and Aviar putters are allright but my drivers SUCK !!!

Hold on now, how far you throwing there Veek?

I should say, how far can you throw the discs you like. Forget those drivers for now.

Here's a quick list of discs from each category that I think are worth considering throwing. There will probably be discs that are just as good or better that I forget, but hopefully I won't forget any of the absolute best discs.

Putters (preferably stiff and low end type plastic):
Wizard
Warlock
Voodoo
Challenger
Focus
Banger
KC Pro Aviar

Mids:
KC Pro or DX Roc
Buzzz
Wasp

Fairway drivers for those throwing <320':
Polaris LS
DX Cheetah

Fairway drivers for those throwing >320:
D/ESP Cyclone
Gazelle
Teebird
Eagle

Overstable drivers for those throwing <320':
Banshee
EXP1

Overstable drivers for those throwing >320':
Z Predator
Champ Firebird
E Spirit
XXX

Moderately overstable drivers for those throwing >320':
S/Q OLF
Z/ESP Avenger
Champ/Star Starfire
PD

Distance drivers:
Valkyrie
XS
X Avenger
Orc
Flash
Destroyer
Wraith
Surge

Again, this isn't an exhaustive list, it's just a combination of what are probablay the best discs on the market and what I recommend.

Ahh Garu has it broke down real well here. I could add some but I think this is plenty to get you started.

Eagle is a good one! its like a teebird but goes farther for me...im not sure what an eagle is considered a driver or what?

Get you...

1 kc pro aviar
1 dx roc
1 kc pro roc (max weight)
1 champion wraith
1 star eagle
1 champion tee bird
1 champion roadrunner

and learn to play. that's a great bag.

^^THIS^^ ...but Champion or Star which ever you like better & I would replace the Roadrunner with a Sidewinder.

Innova Putters:

Innova's Aviar may be the most widely used golf disc in the sport. It is a solid putter and a very controllable mid range driver and approach disc. It comes in many flavors and plastics, all of which can be found on Innova's website. I prefer the standard el cheapo DX Aviar Putt & Approach.

Innova's Birdie and Dart also seem to be fairly popular among my DG acquaintances, although I have used neither.

Innova Drivers:

Here you need to provide more information to get a meaningful response. What do you throw now? How far do you throw it? Does it fly stable for you? Overstable? Understable?

You say you have been throwing for about a year and you dislike wide rim drivers... I'd reccomend a Leopard or a Teebird depending on your skill level and throwing preferences.

The best Innova disc is the one that works for you! That said I really like Wraiths, Sidewinders, and Destroyers in the driving department. Sharks are awesome in the mids. Aviar P&A and the humble Polecat rock too.