• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Whats the best Innova disc's

Thanks for all the good info, It seems I'm trying to throw too much speed for my wimpy arm. My bud has a Teebird and a Eagle, I'll try them out, and bench my drivers, maybe put them on ebay.

One last question : Whats better the Teebird or the TL Teebird-L ? and thanks again for all the info.

mid 160s star teebird and star eagle.

if you don't like 'em, i'll trade ya for 'em...no prob.

don't worry about the tl...once your teebird breaks it'll be a 'tl'

thanks, just ordered a 167 star teebird, I cant wait to try it.

I made some trades today, got a Classic Roc DX looks so sweet but flys like crap, my Glow Roc is so much better. And got a old Eagle DX off my bro, good control but not much dist maybe 260'. I was gonna trade my buddy for a Champ Roadruner & Champ Valkyrie, but when I tested them, I was on a tight fairway and released them early into trees about 20' off the tee, I not a big fan of Champ plastic, grip issues. I may swap that Classic Roc for one them champs, not sure which one, need more test throws. I'm trying to work out a trade for his Star TL Teebird, test throw went straight 280' very little fade, I like it. I hope my New Teebird I ordered flys like that. I had a nice throw with my Champ Beast, think I just need a little more pratice with it, its not that bad. My Groove & R-Pro Boss's are out, my Star Boss is still in, for tommys & thumbers & sidearms. My bag is getting better, I'll post it after all my orders & trades come. Thanks for the help, at least now I think i'm on the right track.

Ive found that the Katana and the Beast are pretty forgiving, especially if RHBH and not so strong.

I'm tired of spending hard earned bucks on crapy discs, I just realized the Roc is the best mid but what about putters and drivers ? Is there a putter & driver that stands above all others like the Roc does for mids. I just looked at the "Which Innova disc sucks the most ?" thread, and I have all of them. I need help !!!

As far as Innova goes?

Get these 3 discs and learn to work 'em.
170ish Star Valkyrie (let it "season" to perfection)
170ish DX Rancho Roc (for your midrange game)
175ish JK Pro Aviar (for all your putting needs)

I've been wanting to try a Katana, but dont know anyone that has one and dont want to waste money on disc I cant throw. But the -3 turn & 3 fade seems like a noodle arm player like me might be able to throw it with some control. Do you need speed to throw the Katana ?

i believe that the beast just dominates. the beast and the katana. they are just solid distance drivers

OK, after some trades and a new disc, this is what I carry now.

R-pro Aviar - ok
Dx Sonic - very nice.
Star Mako - good upshot disc.
Dx Roc - sooo good.
Glow Roc - little heavy but very nice.
Star Teebird - meathooks, I gotta break it in.
Star TL - is better but a little heavy, I'm gonna sit one of teebirds after I find out which is better.
Dx Eagle - good control.
Champ Valkyrie - flys really nice.
Champ RoadRunner - good dist, control, great disc
Star Boss - my flick, tommy and thumber disc.

I also just got the AceRace (only 2 metals) disc that I wanted carry instead of my Glow Roc, but my league wont let me use it untill it gets aproved. Glow Roc is too heavy for me.
I'm happy and playing better with these. I'll stick with this setup, untill I start throwing 350' then maybe get a Pro Katana.

Your bag seems pretty solid right now, but I'm a sucka for Destroyas like Smigles mentioned, so I'll vote for that to replace your Boss!

After some field testing I found that my Valk is just as good as the Boss for tommys & thumbers and I can flick my new teebird almost as good as the Boss. So i'm pulling the Boss from my bag and maybe pickup Destroyer or Katana.

Valk and Boss both suck for thumbers, especially compared to proper thumber discs. Champ Banshees, Champ Firebirds, Opto XXXs, C-Line PDs, those are pretty much the best thumber discs ever, not in any particular order.

Well I only throw overhand to get out of trouble, hurts my shoulder. But I do get in trouble quite often so I should get the right disc for the job. Sounds like overstable is best for overhand, how about a TeeRex, my bro got one hes been tring to trade.

It's not just overstability thing, it's more of a "true overstability" thing. All of those discs are true overstable, meaning they don't really hit a spot where they suddenly just decide to flip (like for example the XCal is known to). Don't know about the Teerex, but from what I've heard those are a bit of a mixed bag.

The flat Opto XXXs are pretty much the kings of OH discs.

Get you...

1 kc pro aviar
1 dx roc
1 kc pro roc (max weight)
1 champion wraith
1 star eagle
1 champion tee bird
1 champion roadrunner

and learn to play. that's a great bag.

This with a leopard, and a soft magnet.
And instead of a wraith, how about an Orc which in my opinion is one of the most accurate long range drivers.:thmbup:

I pretty much am fully discraft now but I throw the occasional:
Kc pro roc
Jk pro 4x aviar-x
Kc pro 11x aviar

Last edited:

Latest posts