• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's the coldest day you'll play?

Coldest I have played is 30 degrees in Reno. Coldest this winter has been 50 in the bay area. Best weather in the world, disc golf year round~

1493246_10151817534071167_1822080580_n.jpg

I've played some rounds where the temperature was in single digits with a below zero wind chill and i can honestly say that i didn't enjoy it. I work outdoors year round so i stay acclimated but nevertheless when it gets this cold it really negates the fun factor. My hats off to you guys up north who play year round.

played yesterday and set a personal cold record; air temp was 12, wind at 20-25mph for a -10 "feel". Add in 10+ inches of snow on the ground and non-cleared teepads, and it was not a great score. Still fun though and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. That said, I will not be playing today :\ just too much bulk needed for these temps.

It is a bright, sunny day in SE Minnesota, and when I saw the temp had climbed to 1 above zero, I went and threw. -17 windchill.

The tailwind shots were fun.

I was pretty cold by the time I stopped I'll admit. The last 3 holes were into the wind.

Disc golfer in Duluth, checking in. I didn't play today, but I did have the urge to go. In the past I used to play no matter what. I work outside and we only stay in if the windchill is below -30. I think we'll be working inside tomorrow.

Coldest I've played in was a glow round, -20 with winds at 10-20 (whatever made up windchill number that is). We skipped the last hole and ran to the car.

The cold isn't what bothers me, it's the snow. If you layer up well, it's not hard to stay warm. I just got back from a ski trip where I was sweating in -15.

Trying to move around a course in knee deep snow is a chore. Finding discs in it can be a pain. So for me it's the snow and darkness that keeps me off the course n winter, not the cold.

Serial shoveling sessions have been enough exercise for me these past few days. While the thought of playing on dicey tees and losing plastic in deep powder is attractive, I don't think I'll be golfing for at least a few days.

I've played at -10 with 18 inches of snow. Managed to only lose one disc too. The tournament this weekend started at 8 degrees and I had on a light jacket over a performance shirt.

The coldest was when I played Blue Ribbon Pines in Feb 2012 but at home I generally do not play if it is below 40 degrees (normally feels around 20-30 degrees due to the humidity and wind here) . It was a beautiful day at BRP and 30 degrees with no wind and no humidity. When I was working up there in 2013, it was -10 wind chill and I tried to play Minnehaha one Sunday but only made it to the frozen waterfall to take pictures.

It's fifteen below right now with windchill of -43. That's too cold for me, but tomorrow morning I plan on getting in a round when I expect the temp to be around 5-10 above.

Back to putting in my warm basement now...

I'm tempted to throw a few holes today - it's -15 with a -30 wind chill. Just to say I did :0

They said it might get down to 35 in my area of Florida tonight. Makes the oranges sweeter! (If it doesn't kill them)

I'm tempted to throw a few holes today - it's -15 with a -30 wind chill. Just to say I did :0

I'm going to throw a few practice putts tonight just so the wife can call me crazy. Should be about -15º with -40º wind chills when I get home.

Latest posts