• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's the coldest day you'll play?

Should be about 4f teeing off at #1 at big creek at noon today. Not much wind predicted. Doing a couple round with two buds. Maybe second round at Walnut Ridge.

Dress: boots, long socks, quilted jeans, long sleeve tee, thick hoodie, wind breaker, stocking cap, glove left hand, mitten right hand (throwing bare), and a couple hot hands in glove/mitten. A couple juice pouches carried on person under layers to keep from freezing.

Serial shoveling sessions have been enough exercise for me these past few days. While the thought of playing on dicey tees and losing plastic in deep powder is attractive, I don't think I'll be golfing for at least a few days.

cmon its only twelve below. lets go play at least nine.

In all honestly...I played last Saturday and it was the day before a Winter Cold advisory. It was only uncomfortable once it got to 7-8 degrees with a lil breeze. So basically....10 degrees, low wind and I'm in clothing that's appropriate for the weather....but I don't throw with a glove on, so if my hand gets really numb and stiff....disc isn't much fun.

I'll Say 9 degrees is the coldest I'll play.

Be safe out there. I heard on the news that the polar bear at the Chicago Zoo was brought inside due to the cold up there last night. Hopefully everyone is dressed like Randy from A Christmas Story when playing in these conditions.

Attachments

• randy christmas.jpg
    randy christmas.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 7
Throwing my first full round of the new year tomorrow with forecasted temperatures around 6° and light wind. It should feel quite warm compared to these last couple days.

Played my coldest round to date this afternoon. 26 F for Georgia is unusual, but it didn't seem cold at all to me. Put on my balaclava and mittens, and I was nice and comfortable. I guess I still have some Michigan blood in me, living my first 43 years there, including 4 years in Houghton. I am guessing air temps around 0 F would be my lower limit for disc golf, although I cross country skied in colder weather back in my younger days.

why? and what were you wearing?

Why not? To say I did. Because it's actually not that bad... No such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing - It's a quote I heard one time from some guy - such is true for rain, snow, cold, wind, heat (though I find heat to be less easily regulated, too cold? put on another layer. too hot? I'm already damn near naked!)

I didn't dress too extreme, typical t-shirt, sweatshirt combo with my winter jacket over the top, jeans and windpants, hiking boots and a pair of wool socks and a wool scarf. I dressed lite figuring I'd get 9 holes in quick and call it good. I was doing fine after 9 so I played another 9. I definitely had a trend towards the worse as I cooled off. Nearly in order I got 4 birdies, 5 pars, 8 bogeys and a double.

1509997_10152180612811458_159900639_n.jpg

27* in coastal MS today. While easily tolerable for me, the locals looked like multicolored Michelin Men. :D

Played in 3 degree weather today - felt like summer after all the sub-zero crapola of late. Just 6 holes with a Hornet and a Sole, new discs i wanted to try.