• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's the coldest day you'll play?

Today is about the limit, 20 degrees with a 8 degree windchill...........anything less........would be uncivilized

Used to play in anything. 5-10 degrees is the coldest glow round I've played. 10-12 inches is most snow.

Now that I am Grandmasters I generally use the age rule. If the temp is below my age I'm not likely to play. I have already broken the rule this year and played in the 40s but didn't enjoy it much.

where were you at today?.... your age was twice the temperature, and we had waterworks all to ourselves:D

I've played in near zero rounds with the wind chill, but prefer 20+ degrees.

I will play almost down to zero and even in a decent snow. The most important thing to do is wear an outer layer that breaks the wind. Then you need less inner layers. But they must be wicking material

I play in any weather. if i'm jonesing, nothing will keep me indoors. last year I went out and practice putted with my new glow voodoos till midnight in 30 mph winds and temperatures in the teens for a few hours. when you gotta go, you gotta go!

Today it was 18 degrees and windy here ("Real Feel" was zero). I played 18 at Crystal Lake.

I was going to go play another 18 at the home course but I only played four holes before the wind gusts started to really piss me off. So I stopped playing and went to the bar instead. :D

I'll play in anything. Any temp, any precip, any time. Last winter I played in blizzards, light snowfalls, rain and -15 degrees.

If you prepare, you can play in anything.

I don't like to play in the snow. Too easy to lose discs, even if you see where they went into the snow. Sometimes the snow gets nice and hard on top, then I'll play again. Not sure there's a temp I wouldn't play in.

That's why God created Christmas ribbon. I didn't lose one disc last winter. :thmbup:

Ive played in a lot of negitive weaher in WI, I just put a couple layers on and im good to go

Yep. Layering is key. I've played in some B. as in B. and S as in S. weather and been fine just layering smartly.

We have a Snow-Glow league I run all winter in Colorado. Subzero temps, multiple feet of snow, high plains winds.... In the dark... Every week.

We have Glow league right now. Trying to talk the guys into snow-glow, but the outlook is not good... :doh:

Once the snow starts falling in Colorado, I just snowboard until it melts. Then I get back to throwing.

^^^^This. :clap::hfive:

Call me fair weather, I just say I gotta take advantage of the pow with my board and not my discs. However it would be fun to throw a disc down the hill and see if you could catch up to it on your board and snag it before it hits the ground...if that's even possible.

where were you at today?.... your age was twice the temperature, and we had waterworks all to ourselves:D

Yeah, I'm a sissy these days! Played Old Pike glow doubles Monday night and I've been sick ever since. I rode CW all the way to a win at least. Just don't enjoy it like I used to.

Craziest WW glow round ever had to be after the ice storm in 2002. The storm was on Wednesday and glow was Thursday. We finally had to quit because we couldn't make it up the hills after things froze solid again. Lucky no one was hit by falling branches that night.

I'm more likely to go out in certain extremes - oh, it's freezing rain, I'm going to go throw, I bet the baskets will be beautiful covered in ice Oh, it's -100 winchill, I'm going to go throw just to say that I did.

I'll play in single digits and negative wind chill here in central Illinois. Dressing in layers works great. Been trying to find some decent gloves that can keep fingers warm and still grip well. Sometimes wearing snow gloves and taking it off to throw works. Any ideas what some of you do for hands in the cold?

I don't like gloves and always lose them. I have found that hand warmers in the pockets work great. And yes, layers! A couple of shirts, a down vest, and a windbreaker is enough for about any weather.

I'm more likely to go out in certain extremes - oh, it's freezing rain, I'm going to go throw, I bet the baskets will be beautiful covered in ice Oh, it's -100 winchill, I'm going to go throw just to say that I did.

YES!

Also, "I'll bet there's NO ONE on the course today..."

I don't like gloves and always lose them. I have found that hand warmers in the pockets work great.

Glove on the left hand (RHBH), hand warmers in pocket for the throwing hand, FTW! :thmbup:

Living in central West Virginia, I can usually still go play every one or two weeks without playing below freezing. If I lived somewhere colder, I might adjust my standards. Also, snow is stupid (when disc golf is concerned). I'm not so worried about finding the discs, mainly just keeping my footing and the snow making the discs feel like ice. I'll have my hands nice and warm in my pockets, pick up my disc, then immediately have my fingers start getting cold. So I try to avoid playing in the snow.

ohio

threw this morning around 37 degrees. broke my star sw on a tree about 100 ft out.:doh: kept on rollin. pocket hand warmers are a must.threw my vibrams pretty much the rest of the round

threw this morning around 37 degrees. broke my star sw on a tree about 100 ft out.:doh: kept on rollin. pocket hand warmers are a must.threw my vibrams pretty much the rest of the round

In late November, we call that that a 'warm streak' in Wisconsin.

Can't believe you cracked a disc in 37 degrees! Sucks, yo! :\

Back when I was throwing RHFHs with X-Clones (maybe 1997?), I once split an X-clone down the middle on a tree in January. I honestly don't remember what we did; it may have been doubles and we played my partner's better shot or something.

Latest posts