• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whats the most Skippy disc you have ever seen

I've had a first run and a 150 z flick and neither impressed me but not a first run 150. The 150 and first run I had both had a little dome, while the Flicks I have enjoyed were completely domeless.

Champ Feldberg Boss all the way for me... I use it allllllllllllll the time for forehand skip shots.

Few days ago, I threw mine low to get around couple of trees, and it skipped 50 to 60 feet all the way to the basket for an drop-in birdie.

depending on how dramatic of a skip i need, i use either a flx drone for a tiny (but dependable skip), a predator for a more exaggerated skip but with some control, and a champ boss for just big ugly dirty skips

i dont carry those discs just for skipping though, just one of the many things they can do

Last edited:
For me it has been a Star Destroyer. Not that I could get it to skip on command. The wife throws a Champ Beast and that thing skips for her like a flat rock on still water.

Champ Feldberg Boss all the way for me... I use it allllllllllllll the time for forehand skip shots.

Few days ago, I threw mine low to get around couple of trees, and it skipped 50 to 60 feet all the way to the basket for an drop-in birdie.

This. I love skipping discs and the champ boss is the skip king. Period. I even use it for 50 ft approach shots under foliage and it will skip more than the initial throw distance.

A fresh Force for me sure lets me cut some corners and can skip a mile if I put it on edge.

Cheers - Koffee

I've tried a lot of plastic ... destroyers (even glow), wraiths. teerex, crush z drone, x pred, beast ... many of these mentioned above ... of all of them none come close to that illusion. I'm just wondering if not many folks have tried it to know of it's skipping prowess.

just the other day I was on hole 1 without any warm up in a doubles match and just needed a soft flick to let it skip and hopefully crash the chains, I pushed it WAY to the left on my RHFH shot (like 50'!!) and a little lower than I'd a liked and that dang thing skipped 10' past the basket to the right! and ... rolled back and almost leaned against the pole!

I haven't tried the xXx, eXtreme and some of the other mad overstable discs mentioned as they're just too much for me to throw on a regualr basis, and some are oop but I can't imagine them skipping better or being more predicitable than my illusion ... for me ;-)

I agree with the Z Flick for sure!:thmbup: I just ordered one from GGGT and asked for the flattest one they have and this thing SKIPS...

I just did the same thing and they had some misprints; which are fine by me. Blake gave me a call and now I got 2 170-172 perfectly flat Z Flicks on the way. Little heavier than the 167 I had but will do.

The one I use consistantly are champ whippets (FH & BH), but that may be because I know what they're going to do better. I do use a 150g Z Flick sometimes, but the whippets have it beat. Definitely interested in trying a xXx.

Didn't read the whole thread but by far the skippiest disc I've ever thrown is my night shift destroyer. You can count on it for some extreme skips, even into a strong headwind!

Latest posts