• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whats the next big thing?

no thats ridiculous it will obviously be speed 19. also disc golf needs a beer sponsor. i like the idea of The PBR Open.

Their have a been plenty of tournaments sponsored by beer companies.

Last years NT tour was sponsored by Woodchuck :sick:

A super overstable mid with glide would be cool. Something that would start fading out of the hand but that won't spike but just keep gliding as it continues to turn left. It's probably not possible but it would be cool.

The Next big Thing was ESPN like 10 years ago Guys!!! I guess the NEW next big thing could be TALKING about the NExt BiG Thing!!

You guys already missed out on the latest big thing. DGCR BAG TAGs. Maybe you can get in on the next order. Check with timg.

You guys already missed out on the latest big thing. DGCR BAG TAGs. Maybe you can get in on the next order. Check with timg.

Anyone else find it funny this guy's only been on DGCR 4 months? Just Sayin'

How about MVP Blizzard? Think about how gyroscopic they can get the disc if the flight plate is super light weight and the outside is dense? There's also Vibram's discs with one plastic on the bottom and one on top. These multi-plastic discs could be the future. As well as better baskets, the current ones are alright... but they need to eliminate basket stick-ins as well as straight through the chain spit outs(to a degree).

A super overstable mid with glide would be cool. Something that would start fading out of the hand but that won't spike but just keep gliding as it continues to turn left. It's probably not possible but it would be cool.

Throw an understable disc on an extreme hyzer line. My fuse will go very far left and glide forever if I release it on the hyzer line and don't put a ton of torque in it. By definition, an overstable disc tries to get to the ground quickly, so that wouldn't work.

Next big thing is tiger realizes his golf career is over and plays disc golf only to realize he's not that good and returns to regular golf with another team and number.. wait.

i bet there will be an evolution in course design.
More unique courses with man made obstacles or even crazy indoor courses!

I've wondered about man-made obstacles and how most people would feel about them. When they are existing, designers seem to implement them, but will we get to the point of building them? You already see man made elevated baskets. Will people start building fences or roofs over some tee pads to take away an easy thumber line.

I thought about industrial park... an abandonded building in like a steel factory.. railroad cars to throw between.. open cars to have the gap to throw through..

welding beams at angles to do /\ type of approach to basket.. yeah possibilities endless.

only thing I worried about.. was how fast the discs would get destroyed.

How about MVP Blizzard? Think about how gyroscopic they can get the disc if the flight plate is super light weight and the outside is dense? .... As well as better baskets, the current ones are alright... but they need to eliminate basket stick-ins as well as straight through the chain spit outs(to a degree).
I like these ideas! :thmbup:
I like these, too, though with some reservations...

I think the next evolution/innovation should come in course design. So many of the "old timers" whine about disc technology having outstripped current courses. Well maybe we need new courses that put the disc technology argument to bed. I personally would like to see a par 72 standard set on new courses. that means a majority of the holes will be ~600' legit par 4 holes.

I meant to add above that I have seen a course in the Southwest talked about on DGCR that had some man made obstacles. I do not remember what course--mighta been a HOD a month or two back--but it had fencing and posts and such placed near baskets in order to add challenge. This was in the desert.

Anyone else find it funny this guy's only been on DGCR 4 months? Just Sayin'

How about MVP Blizzard?

Considering how careful MVP is about molding consisent discs, I doubt they would delve into the world of bubble plastic. There are too many variables for MVP's taste.

I think the next big thing is somebody with deep pockets discovering disc golf, becoming addicted, and using their money/fame to promote the game more than ever before.

Latest posts