• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's the perfect bag if someone wanted the best? First run? Colors? Plastic etc?

Most people could throw a Leopard, Roc/Buzz, Aviar/Wizard and be set for their first year. Don't go wasting money on CE plastic in a meathook disc that you won't be able to get up to speed for a while.

$1,000 for a disc? Man people are nuts. Something is only "worth" what people are willing to pay for it.

If I had $1,000 to blow on disc golf I'd buy a few portable baskets and make my own mini courses at local parks.

2+ putters in base plastic
2+ putters in CE/similar plastic (driving)

2+ slightly os mids in preferred plastic
2+ neutral mids in preferred plastic

2+ slightly os fairway drivers in CE/similar plastic
2+ neutral fairway drivers in preferred plastic

1+ meathook drivers in CE/similar plastic

Multiple Max D Drivers in a variety of plastics (3 molds max)

I think this is a good 'Goal bag' for an experienced player with an unlimited budget

Color coded would be cool as well...

Last edited:
my bag would be
early run OG wizards...love the softer ones putting
opaque ions (FR if money is no issue) for close approaches
1 turnover ching roc
straight ching
newer ching
Glo gator and a pearly gator
2 candy pro FB and a 11x fb for tight turns
glo leos
pearly 11x kc pro teebirds
pearly orc

2+ putters in base plastic
2+ putters in CE/similar plastic (driving)

2+ slightly os mids in preferred plastic
2+ neutral mids in preferred plastic

2+ slightly os fairway drivers in CE/similar plastic
2+ neutral fairway drivers in preferred plastic

1+ meathook drivers in CE/similar plastic

Multiple Max D Drivers in a variety of plastics (3 molds max)

I think this is a good 'Goal bag' for an experienced player with an unlimited budget

Color coded would be cool as well...

For me:
SS Warlocks
HPP Wizards

Z Buzzzes
Comets (all plastics)

CE Teebirds
Leopards (all plastics)

CE Firebirds

Destroyers
Valks

I'm at work, I'll play.

Really a perfect bag would depend on power, form, and throwing style. If someone said to me, hey I got $10,000 to spend on disc golf, help me put together my setup. I would walk him into a store and set him up with this:

3 - 174g Identical Wizards (whichever plastic felt best in theirs hand)
2 - 174, 168 Magics (same plastic as Wizards)
3 - X Comets (2, 177g and one 168g)
5 - DX Rancho Rocs (3 - 177+, 2 168)
3 - Pro Leopards (175, 167, 150)
5 - DX TeeBirds (2 - 175, 2 - 168, 1 - 150)
1 - 175g 12x FireBird (flatter the better)

Then I would take them to a field, show and explain how to utilize these discs and want to expect from them. Teach them that the can play solid rounds with just these discs.

Then I would encourage him if he really wanted use his money in Disc Golf, he should use the remaining $9,800 dollars towards getting a decent course installed in his neighborhood where he could practice even more frequently and grow the sport.

Ce firebird 173g white
1st run ce eagle L 172g x 2 red
ce valk 172g white
2nd run valk 173g white
2001 ce roc 180g
fresh ching roc 180g
beat ching roc 180g
beat 8x roc 180g
10x aviar 175g
beat 10x 175g
ce aviar 175g
2 ching putters 175g

Funny thing is that was by bag back in the day. I would never have that kinda money in a bag now.

My perfect bag....
5x Surges, 1 beat to **** esp, 1 worn esp, 1 fresh esp, 1 slightly beat up Z, and 1 150 Class X.
4 yellow, and 150 class orange
1x Avenger SS for Rollers and tomahawks, New Z
Pink
1x Flick for forehands and overhead, New Z
Pink
2x Predators, 1 really beat up, 1 slightly used. Both Z
Pink and Orange
2x XS 1 beat up, 1 new, Both Z
Pink and Orange
2x Gazelles 1 beat up, 1 new, Both DX
Yellow and Orange
1x Leopards, Newish, Pro
Yellow or White
2x Buzzz. 1 new, 1 beat up. Both Glo
Glo Colored
1x Gator, newish. DX
Red
1x Wasp, new. Z
Red
1x Comet, new. Z
Red
1x Hornet, new. Z
Red
3x Wizards, max weight, one beat up RFF, one newer S, and one newer RFF.
Black, White, and Black

Sidenote: No one person's bag will look exactly the same. So the "best" doesn't exist.

Last edited:
Easy.....

2 blue bar stamp challengers
Blue esp zone
Blue ron russell comet
Blue fr torque
Blue tp clone
Esp clone
Blue x pred
Blue z pred
Blue z surge
Blue sp caine

I'm not sure how to reply to anyone in specific on a forum yet so bare with me. I already have a pretty set bag of discs.
=2 worn organic wizards
1 new med wizard
1 worn APX
=3 KC Roc dif stabilities
1 Glow gator
1 Fuse
=10x Kc pro Eagle
12x Champ Eagle
12x Champ Teebird
12x Star Teebird
Beat Glow Teebird
=Pre Avery Star Destroyer
Pro Destroyer
Blizzard Destroyer
Red Z Force worn
Red Flick

I was pretty much asking the question because I hear so much hype about this and that of the coveted older discs...I have seldomly been impressed with the older stuff so far and I wanted to order the exact discs that are supposed to be the super discs so I can see what's what. Example is I bought an 11x Champ Eagle and dont like it cause it's so overstable. I understand all people think differently on the subject ,but I'm sure some discs will keep coming up and I can get an Idea. Proto Destroyers come up a lot. First runs of alot of stuff come up too.

ill try and go easy since this is your first post and i do welcome you with open arms.

but are u freaking kidding me? give us a little more info please. how long have you been playing? do you throw bh or fh? what distances can you throw a putter mid and driver? do you like to throw hyzers, hyzer flips, big flex shots? depending on your power/throwing style the disc recommendations will vary drastically example: you like throwing hyzer flips and throw 325 average i would recommend things like sidewinder, mamba, avenger ss, light pro wraith, but if you throw 380 i would recomend something more on the stable side. and if you were throwing anhyzer flex shot the discs would be totally different as well.

please tell us:

backhand or forehand
how long you have been playing
average distance

ill try and go easy since this is your first post and i do welcome you with open arms.

but are u freaking kidding me? give us a little more info please. how long have you been playing? do you throw bh or fh? what distances can you throw a putter mid and driver? do you like to throw hyzers, hyzer flips, big flex shots? depending on your power/throwing style the disc recommendations will vary drastically example: you like throwing hyzer flips and throw 325 average i would recommend things like sidewinder, mamba, avenger ss, light pro wraith, but if you throw 380 i would recomend something more on the stable side. and if you were throwing anhyzer flex shot the discs would be totally different as well.

please tell us:

backhand or forehand
how long you have been playing
average distance

You're right, I'm sorry for the lack of info. My question got a little sidetracked. I throw 400-450 max d with a slightly beat Star Destroyer 171. My fairways are all from 300-400 and I have a few eagles and tee birds all different plastics and stabilities. I use kc rocs to drive alot and can push them almost as far as my fairway drivers. Putters I can throw alittle less but my wizards usually hit about 275-300 if I really crank them but they arent very accurate with that throw. I use a surge esp 167 thats beat from rollers and hyzer flips turn overs..Anything else? Been playing 1 year 9 months. Would consider myself a power driver with pretty good consistency but I suck at putting outside 25 ft.