• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What's the worst disc you've ever had/thrown?

I left my shield at Idlewild and threw my compass into a large river... The soft Ibex showed that it was not wind dependent... I could crank it straight with hyzer finish. It could hold an anny or hyzer line very well. It became an extremely integral part of my bag. Today I lost that disc. It was so important to my upshots that it was in my putter sleeve and fell out.

I fell in love with the Ibex after one throw. OOB, it flew like a longer, seasoned Shark for me, and that sold me. I carry a medium and soft Ibex, using the soft when I absolutely want to stick the landing without any skip or roll.

And, to get this back to being on topic: the Groove. Bought one without having heard about them. My brother and I each tried it several times and it was a meathook for us--slight fade out of the hand and increasing fade as it slowed. Found one on a course here in KC during a round and threw it to see how it compared that flew quite differently--straight until a hard dump, not much glide.

I fell in love with the Ibex after one throw. OOB, it flew like a longer, seasoned Shark for me, and that sold me. I carry a medium and soft Ibex, using the soft when I absolutely want to stick the landing without any skip or roll.

And, to get this back to being on topic: the Groove. Bought one without having heard about them. My brother and I each tried it several times and it was a meathook for us--slight fade out of the hand and increasing fade as it slowed. Found one on a course here in KC during a round and threw it to see how it compared that flew quite differently--straight until a hard dump, not much glide.

Interestingly, the early Grooves were flippy and had some glide. All the recent ones I've seen are SUPER beefy and don't glide at all. They're terrible drivers. They fly like Nuke OSs.

Innova should have discontinued that mold a long time ago.

[/B]
Innova should have discontinued that mold a long time ago.

NO doubt they should've discontinued the Groove atrocity. Can't imagine why Mr. Dunipace thinks so much of this mold that they keep producing them. (And don't say sales or money, because that same plastic could easily be sold in the form of Destroyers or Terns or Shrykes...)

NO doubt they should've discontinued the Groove atrocity. Can't imagine why Mr. Dunipace thinks so much of this mold that they keep producing them. (And don't say sales or money, because that same plastic could easily be sold in the form of Destroyers or Terns or Shrykes...)

See, and I love high speed drivers. I like to try them all and see how they stack up. The Groove freaking sucks. It doesn't fly ANYTHING like the numbers assigned to it. Your arm feels like it wants to fall off throwing the Groove. The disc is a chore.

I think Innova made a huge mistake by putting the Groove in big box stores. You get people who don't know discs very well buying them and then discovering they suck. You want to attract people to disc golf, not repel them.

I think of all the discs in production by major companies at this time, the Groove is the worst one.

Grooves lately (my numbers): 13, 3, 0, 4. Overstable bricks.

Last edited:
See, and I love high speed drivers. I like to try them all and see how they stack up. The Groove freaking sucks. It doesn't fly ANYTHING like the numbers assigned to it. Your arm feels like it wants to fall off throwing the Groove. The disc is a chore.

I think Innova made a huge mistake by putting the Groove in big box stores. You get people who don't know discs very well buying them and then discovering they suck. You want to attract people to disc golf, not repel them.

I think of all the discs in production by major companies at this time, the Groove is the worst one.

Grooves lately (my numbers): 13, 3, 0, 4. Overstable bricks.

i remember when the groove first came out. that glide for dayz!!!

Groove sells because of the name. To new players the Groove seems like a chill disc compared to something aggressive like a Destroyer. When you have no idea what to expect from a disc, the name is what gets your attention. Hippie bros just want to get their Groove on and chill.

Groove sells because of the name. To new players the Groove seems like a chill disc compared to something aggressive like a Destroyer. When you have no idea what to expect from a disc, the name is what gets your attention. Hippie bros just want to get their Groove on and chill.

They should change the mold completely and call it the Groove-E.

Anyone else ever throw the Quest Reckless that had the Stardestoryer stamp? I had one amazing throw that went 400 and hit a fence, the candle wax like plastic dented so bad that it flipped on the next shot and then was a roller by shot 4.

Probably the Innova Dragon, other than the fact that it floats it has no redeemable qualities. I can at least use the Groove for short range and trick shot flicks.

Dragon

Probably the Innova Dragon, other than the fact that it floats it has no redeemable qualities. I can at least use the Groove for short range and trick shot flicks.

Found one of these on the course last week. I threw it off a tee hyzer and it flipped over HARD and rolled. I didn't even bother going to look for it again. Brings new meaning to the term understable.

For me it's robably the Buzzz OS or the Zombee. Both totally and absolutely useless. Buzzz OS has absolutely 0 glide. Zombee just felt terrible in my hand and flew just as bad as it felt. No speed, no glide, no fun.

Previously, I stated it was a Discraft Surge. However, after receiving two in a mystery box I have to change my vote. Sticking with Discraft, my new least favorite mold is a Discraft 2011 Ace Race putter. I have no idea what that disc was supposed to do or try to do.

Previously, I stated it was a Discraft Surge. However, after receiving two in a mystery box I have to change my vote. Sticking with Discraft, my new least favorite mold is a Discraft 2011 Ace Race putter. I have no idea what that disc was supposed to do or try to do.

Have you tried aces?