• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What's the worst disc you've ever had/thrown?

The disc most useless for my arm strength - a FAF Star Firebird. Picked one up used a few months back after finally realizing I couldn't live without a champ glow FB in my bag.

I think the FAF defies the laws of gravity. When I release it, the earth immediately seems to rise to meet the disc. It's like a black hole. I'm sure power throwers can do magical things with it. I can do nothing with it.

The disc most useless for my arm strength - a FAF Star Firebird. Picked one up used a few months back after finally realizing I couldn't live without a champ glow FB in my bag.

I think the FAF defies the laws of gravity. When I release it, the earth immediately seems to rise to meet the disc. It's like a black hole. I'm sure power throwers can do magical things with it. I can do nothing with it.

Hit me up if you want to unload the FAF one...

Speaking of Roc bottom. I always hated the Roc. And the Vector, Wasp, and all the other Roc clones. They flew ok, less stable than advertised and not great into the wind and they were never comfortable in the hand.

Way back I bought this disc and the first time I threw it it did exactly what I wanted it to do. I hadn't been able to find any other disc for that shot until that day. Turns out that was the only good shot I had with that disc because it never did what I wanted after that.
Discraft Cruiser was the name of that disc. The worst disc I ever threw after the first throw.

anything that says Innova on it. I've never liked them, I haven't ever thrown and Innova that I do like. It all started with a beat up aviar and a firebird that were given to me as gifts when I first started throwing.

Not saying that they're bad discs but I don't like them personally. I have never thrown an Innova disc that I like the feel of or that u had success with. Different stroked I suppose (pun intended)

Have you tried much in the speed 7 and speed 9 categories, because if you can't find something that works after that, then your option may hold water, until then its like a heavy blizzard driver, it doesn't float.

anything that says Innova on it. I've never liked them, I haven't ever thrown and Innova that I do like. It all started with a beat up aviar and a firebird that were given to me as gifts when I first started throwing.

Out of curiosity, how long have you been playing and what company do you prefer?

Out of curiosity, how long have you been playing and what company do you prefer?

I have been playing for a year now. I prefer Discraft, Trilogy right now. I like gateway too for their wizard although I don't use one. I began playing with a bag that was given to me and it was full of Innova. Didn't like any of them but I knew I liked the game, tried a Buzzz and that changed me probably saved my interest in the game. I have tried multiple times to throw Innova discs since I've been a serious player and still don't like them.

Last edited:
Don't feel bad. I haven't gelled with most of the Innova discs I have owned. In fact, the ones I have liked were ones other people tend to not like, lol. I liked the Archon and Monarch. I really liked a tbird+ I used to have. Strange thing is, all three wound up in the same pond at Idlewild, lol...

I have been playing for a year now. I prefer Discraft, Trilogy right now. I like gateway too for their wizard although I don't use one. I began playing with a bag that was given to me and it was full of Innova. Didn't like any of them but I knew I liked the game, tried a Buzzz and that changed me probably saved my interest in the game. I have tried multiple times to throw Innova discs since I've been a serious player and still don't like them.

This sounds like mental thing. Innova makes such a wide variety of discs in numerous plastics that I find it hard to believe there isn't anything there you like.

I don't think there's one thing wrong with Discraft or Trilogy, but Innova has better variation than either of those lines.

This sounds like mental thing. Innova makes such a wide variety of discs in numerous plastics that I find it hard to believe there isn't anything there you like.

I don't think there's one thing wrong with Discraft or Trilogy, but Innova has better variation than either of those lines.

Like I said it's a me thing, if it is mental well then this is what works for me mentally (which is a big part of our game right??) I do feel confident when I have a good looking awesome feeling Dynamic driver or my Buzzz in my hand. I'm cool with it, I'm sure Innova makes wonderful discs and I'm sure they're in abundance an I'm sure there are a plethora of molds. But I don't want to throw them.

Latest posts