• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your Buzzz of choice?

What's your Buzzz of choice?

• 1st Run

Votes: 11 3.7%
  • 2FR Buzzz

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • Old production Z

Votes: 34 11.4%
  • New production Z

Votes: 69 23.1%
  • Midnight

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Z SS

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • ESP SS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESP

Votes: 35 11.7%
  • FLX

Votes: 37 12.4%
  • Pro D

Votes: 14 4.7%
  • Crystal Z

Votes: 26 8.7%
  • Crystal FLX

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Sparkle Z

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • X Buzzz

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • I plead the 5th...

Votes: 28 9.4%

• Total voters
mattw said:
I am enjoying the Buzzz. I use a couple of Z at 174 and and X at 174. I am having problems getting anhyzer shots to hold since all my buzzzes are pretty new. I was wondering if I drop down to a lighter Buzzz maybe 160 to 165 would that make it easier to get those anhyzer shots to hold. My concern is that since it will take a while for the Z and X to break in I will be SOL until that happens. I could add a comet or fuse but would like to keep things simple.

Moving from a 177 to 170 definately helped me. Still, you really have to snap the Buzzz to get it to hold the anny.

So.. I got me a 169, pearly blue, new run Z buzzz

It is super gummy and flies pretty amazing.

So today I went and got another :)

Same color, same weight, same foil on the stamp. I love it, they fly identical, and the proshop has one or two more. I could stock up on this specific run/color/weight and be happy for a longgggg time

Question for Discspeed....................I have a Z Buzz with a sweet die job from Chain Reaction that has a removed 2004 World Doubles stamp on it and Wasp on the inner rim. It looks to be an opaqueish green color on the parts that are not died. What Buzz run is this? Thanks!

One of the best unwritten rules here (or perhaps it's written down somewhere, I don't know...) is that we don't go around creating new threads all the time if the subject already has one.

Oh yeah, Buzzz. I definitely really, really, really like them, but I'm not putting them in the bag. I already have my favorite multipurpose mid (that's already starting to phase out the Meteor too...) and the other one is better in headwinds than the Buzzzes I've thrown.

Mostly just using X Buzzzes these days. I don't really have the power to need a Z for the extra stability.

I've had some Buzzz drama in my bag this fall...About 2 months ago I lost my 2FR Buzzz, which was the oldest disc in my bag. Since then I've been messing with 2 different backup 2FR Buzzzes trying to decide on one. Last week I finally decided and immediately started parking all my Buzzz holes again like I hadn't done since I lost my original.

Anyway, a couple days ago I got my Buzzz back, but now it's hard to decide whether to put it back in my bag or stick with the one that is working right now. I think I'm going to stick with the new one for now since I have a tournament in two weeks.

Currently I've got a 2FR and a standard Z Buzzz in my bag, both 177g.

josser said:
For Z buzzzes what should a person look for to get the beefiest ones?

HPL, which will also usually correlate with a high shoulder. Right now my beefy Buzzz is a green opaque Z from a year or so ago...But there were others in that run with a lower shoulder and PL. The most stable Buzzzes are usually stiffer ones as well.

Thank God you were just answering a question. Because of your posting about new Buzzz runs (and maybe a bit of my disc hording personality) I've got enough to last me 6+ years...probably 10 if I don't loose any of them.

discspeed said:
josser said:

HPL, which will also usually correlate with a high shoulder. Right now my beefy Buzzz is a green opaque Z from a year or so ago...But there were others in that run with a lower shoulder and PL. The most stable Buzzzes are usually stiffer ones as well.

High shoulder and flat or slight dome?

josser said:
discspeed said:
josser said:

High shoulder and flat or slight dome?

I have both types (high shoulder flat, high shoulder slight dome) and they fly similarly...though the domier one is a touch slower and has a touch more LSS.

josser said:

I have a second run Buzzz (regular bar stamp, says wasp on inner rim) that flys like a drone. It has a high shoulder and decent amount of dome and probably weighs 200 grams. This thing is a mutant, anybody else have any Buzzz in this run?

I had an ESP that took a serious beating at the "down under" portion of Rosedale in KC, and now it's a sweet turnover mid, and still holds a straight line with the right release.

I carry a new Z, too, that (in neutral or tailwind conditions) is uber straight on more powerful throws.

I get away with just 2 buzzzes in the bag, although I sometimes carry 3. My main two are a fairly beat ESP, that started out on the overstable end for Buzzzes. Now it holds a soft anny or straight shot without a lot of power. Definitely my go-to mid in the woods. Then I carry a new beefier production Z for longer shots and hyzers. Anything else and I'm using the Fuse.