• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whats your favorite disc in your bag!?

The one that I have the closest thing to an emotional connection to is my opaque FAF Firebird. It is the best FH flex disc that ever existed, and does some amazing rollers as well.

My favorite disc was my Avenger SS which I had dyed with my "clubs" logo. That was my first dye. This disc is visible at the bottom of a lake, or someone else's bag: Not sure which. A picture of that disc is my avatar.

170g glow champion Eagle-L from the 2004 San Francisco Safari. I wish that I could find more eagles like this one.

A pink Z Comet (174g) that I've had for over 5 years. It's my best friend in the woods.

Favorite to throw: A tournament plastic, marbled-grey/blue Warship. Got it in a 2-disc challenge a few years ago and it's been in my bag ever since. Thing flies as straight as Jimmy Carter's preacher.

Favorite pretty one: A fly-dye yin-yang Avenger SS, blue and orange. Really cool-looking, but I don't throw it much anymore.

Honorable mention: Just got my freebie for joining the local club. It's a Roc 3 with a killer Hornet's Nest stamp on it. I'll throw it like crazy, and it will be just like the Warship in no time.

MVP Neutron Volt. For a number of years it has been my most consistent/reliable disc.

Honorable mention to my Axiom Envy - my only ace disc and another one that I can trust to do just what I want it to.

DD Warrant in Lucid, 172g. It is my favorite disc to scramble with, which is my favorite part of the game.

Favorite pretty one: A fly-dye yin-yang Avenger SS, blue and orange. Really cool-looking, but I don't throw it much anymore.
I have a fly-dye Avenger SS that I bag as well and really enjoy watching it fly. I know when all has gone to hell and nothing is working I can rely on my Avenger SS to do what I need it to.

My favorite is probably gonna have to be my Z fly-dye stalker. That disc for me is kind of a "cover it all" kind of disc. Plus the blue/yellow/red dye is pretty nice in the air.

I have a very early run Pre-Mac Truth. If I ever lost it, I'd cry. It gets used at least 10 times per round.

Honorable Mention: Because they're newer, I can't allow them to trump the Truth just yet, but I have a couple of Maidens that are straight-up AMAZING. I find myself using those to approach on just about any shot (still use the Harp for hard hyzers) between 200 and 75 feet. I still putt with Wardens, but those Maidens are the best short approach discs I've ever found.

A super flat orange 12x champ firebird that's super beat in an just flys super straight then hooks hard at the very end I can throw this Atleast 100ft farther then my fresh ones been working this thing in for over 4 years. I would be crushed to lose it.

Last edited:
I have a fly-dye Avenger SS that I bag as well and really enjoy watching it fly. I know when all has gone to hell and nothing is working I can rely on my Avenger SS to do what I need it to.

My favorite is probably gonna have to be my Z fly-dye stalker. That disc for me is kind of a "cover it all" kind of disc. Plus the blue/yellow/red dye is pretty nice in the air.

I must thank you, sir. See, I always get the Stalker and Avenger confused in my little pea-brain. The fly-dye I mentioned is actually a Stalker, not an Avenger. And it does have the "Z" on there, too, but I also didn't know it was an important designator...Now that I've read, and written it, I feel sure it will all stay locked into place henceforth and forthwith.

Anyway. She do fly purty.

"Pretty nice in the air" is right. We call it the psychedelicopter. :D

Unsuspecting observers will be standing there, and after it's in the air, almost invariably, I'll here a quick intake of breath, then: "What the hell is THAT?"

Gives me a ton of pleasure, I have to admit.

Latest posts