• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your spike-hyzer disc of choice?

Favorite spike-hyzer disc.

• Banshee

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Whippet

Votes: 8 8.4%
  • Firebird

Votes: 19 20.0%
  • Monster

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Starfire

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Max

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Destroyer

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • other

Votes: 49 51.6%

• Total voters

TxDiscGolfBoy

* Ace Member *
Silver level trusted reviewer
...if "other", name your pick.

Disctance is a factor for sure, but in general, what's your favorite spike-hyzer disc.

Explanations would be nice.

the shot is already going to hyzer due to the spik, so I don't throw over stable.....
for distance i will throw a lighter new r pro boss
for 300> i will throw a very flat champ panther(not "midrange" but the "multi-purpose" mold)
for short spikes I will throw a ESp Zone

I prefer the fire bird mainly in part because I like to toss my spikes a little wider and higher and that firebird just comes smashing back left every time. Love seeing that shot pulled off.

I don't throw a lot of them but when I do, I always go with my Firebird and throw with some good hyzer and does the rest from there.

xxx and the flick are good, but i find them hard to cast up high around trees. its all about the firebird.:thmbup:

Monster is a good spike disc. It is Predictably super overstable and doesn't skip as much. I keep this disc in my bag exclusively for spike shots.

If I try any thing else with this disc, I will fail. Most stable disc I have ever thrown.

Boss for 350+
Firechicken for pretty much everything else unless really short then Sinus SP.

Gator, banshee, or teerex for spike hyzers depending on the distance and the height I need.

Z Predator or sometimes my Drone. Predator pretty much does it for me though

Latest posts