• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

When to retire your discs?

my rocs and putters are easy to retire, simply when they no longer have a balanced shape. they are all pro or dx after all and i go thru a sh*t ton. my drivers and more prime mids never usually get retired just slipped back into the crates to be thrown another day. can never have enough backups esp when playing for cash :)

..perhaps retiring a disc after a fatty cash ace but i have yet to accomplish this anyway :p

I only retire a disc when it gets too flippy. I hold on to the disc anyway because they become great disc for getting new people into the sport or if someone has some kids that want to try it out.

I only retire discs when they break. 7 rocs and 1 aviar so far, probably more to come since its winter now in WI

Retire a disc when it no longer fills a hole in your bag confidently. That could be due to physical changes in the disc, form changes for you, or mental changes (confidence). That's the only time I retire a disc.

Retire when it becomes too important for you to lose. Just ends up holding your game back when there is a loss risk.

I cycle discs... when I am getting bad results with them I pull them out and replace them. After a while I may add them back in. I cycle through my collection but haven't totally retired anything except my unthrown KC Roc with the tournament stamp from my first (and only so far) tournament.

It's time to retire your discs when they go all Lethal Weapon and start saying I'm too old for this ****.

Yes!

I have only retired 1 disc (Champ Starfire) so far....lost everything else before I had a chance to retire them.

The 1 I retired was my 1st ace disc. It stayed in my bag until I lost it...twice. After getting it back the second time, I decided to hang it up.

I tend to lose them as they near retirement age. They get squirrly and then just run off deep into some shule or the other

I only retire discs when the flight path no longer is useful or I get a money ace with the disc.

I've never retired a disc - just lose them. It would have been a cool stat to keep track of - I'm sure it's over 200 lost

200 lost disc in 4 years? You may want to start playing different courses! Well, you've played over 1000 courses, so maybe 200 disc isn't too bad after all, lol

I am noob but I was going to retire a Katana and a Sidewinder because I was very inconsistent with them. But after not throwing them a couple months I started working on rollers and the side winder is perfect. The Katana has become a great discs for throwing huge anhyzers.

You retire your disc when it "betrays" you. Sacrifice by fire or throwing off a big cliff is recommended and very satisfying!

lost a beat up wasp that actually still have good stability. got an ace with it on first shot first hole at cedar creek in mn. hit the basket on a few other holes with it. plenty of tree hits. good and bad memories with it.

well the wind was heavy at this course and it was a water hazard but a great ace run. but you had to throw over a corner of the pond and the basket was downhill running towards the water. anyways wind took it cuz i had too much nose up on it and it came up short. no more than 5 feet out on the edge. fished for 15 minutes, couldnt get it. too gross and cold in mn at this time of year to jump in. RIP blue wasp. has my number so hopefully it gets back to me but my fingers arent crossed too tight.

TLDR blue wasp ace disc in shakopee mn, first hole with water hazard.