• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where are you going in 2023?

Can someone in the know please tell me if arrangements or reservations are required (or even encouraged) to play Rollin Ridge?

Checked their website, and it seems like it's just:
show up > put $5/person in drop box > play.

I saw some league play I'm scheduling my visit to avoid, but it doesn't say anything about calling ahead or reservations.

https://www.rollinridge.com/

Confirmation that no arrangements are needed from those in the know would be greatly appreciated.
Just want to ensure no hiccups when we arrive. ;)

No arrangements/tee times required. There's a pay box on the deck or you can pay inside if the shops open.

Was gonna make my way out there in March to play those two. Let me know how they end up being.

Ended up only playing Ojibwa. It's alright, as would be expected for a golf course. They have the Tower Ridge baskets out there in the winter. 18 of them at least. It's $10 for a season pass, not a daily fee which is much better value than I thought it'd be going in. That said, I'm not playing it again this year so it's still basically $10/day. Worth a play once.

After our round at Ojibwa I called up Pine Meadows to confirm if the course was open. The guy said, "um...let's see what we got. How about 5 to 7?". Apparently they require tee times? and book them in 2 hour segments? And book tee times in the dark? For a 9 hole disc golf course :\. Should've brought my glow bag and waited around 2 1/2 hours lol.

I'll have to try again in the spring or next fall I guess. We ended up hitting up Red Arrow Park in Abbottsford to make up for missing Pine Meadows. I've played it a couple times before, years ago, but the wife hadn't played it so she caught up to me by 1 course today.

Ended up only playing Ojibwa. It's alright, as would be expected for a golf course. They have the Tower Ridge baskets out there in the winter. 18 of them at least. It's $10 for a season pass, not a daily fee which is much better value than I thought it'd be going in. That said, I'm not playing it again this year so it's still basically $10/day. Worth a play once.

After our round at Ojibwa I called up Pine Meadows to confirm if the course was open. The guy said, "um...let's see what we got. How about 5 to 7?". Apparently they require tee times? and book them in 2 hour segments? And book tee times in the dark? For a 9 hole disc golf course :\. Should've brought my glow bag and waited around 2 1/2 hours lol.

I'll have to try again in the spring or next fall I guess. We ended up hitting up Red Arrow Park in Abbottsford to make up for missing Pine Meadows. I've played it a couple times before, years ago, but the wife hadn't played it so she caught up to me by 1 course today.

What the hell lol. I called Pine Meadows a month back and swear the lady I talked to was like "Yea just show up when you are ready to play." Didn't seem like tee times were actually required for the DG course.

Anyways, if you get a chance to check out Double Barrel (another DG course on a BG course) this summer, let me know how it plays which I'm sure it looks not so great if you hate 10,000 foot long BG courses.

What the hell lol. I called Pine Meadows a month back and swear the lady I talked to was like "Yea just show up when you are ready to play." Didn't seem like tee times were actually required for the DG course.

It probably depends who's working that day lol. I tried to play it late October and the lady that answered seemed to have know idea what I was talking about. That was a week or two before the baskets were in though.

The lady at Ojibwa on Saturday told me to call back on Sunday when the owners were there lol.

Anyways, if you get a chance to check out Double Barrel (another DG course on a BG course) this summer, let me know how it plays which I'm sure it looks not so great if you hate 10,000 foot long BG courses.[/QUOTE]

I played Double Barrel on 01/07/23, it is pretty open like you would expect on a ball golf course. There is a lot of water that comes in to play, the most I have ever experienced, it will certainly be challenging to not get a disc wet there in the summer. It was just so so as far as the layout, they did use existing trees and water for some interesting tee pads and basket locations but other holes were just out in the open, boring and could have been better designed.

An awesome side note, got to see a good amount of otter tracks.

I was able to take a day and play/review some courses on the Gulf Coast side of the Sunshine State... South County, Estero, and Tortoise Run. Not bad, considering the area is still recovering from hurricane Ian. Reviews are up for South and Tortoise; Estero will be done either end this week or beginning of next. I'll also submit a Delray review and possibly adding a Commons Park-Northside review in the next two weeks once I can get up to Palm Beach.

As it turned out, I actually had to go further north to stay dry on Saturday, and so that allowed me to play and review three courses, all of which I have played before but not reviewed. My review of Gordy Rd in Ft Pierce was posted this morning, and tomorrow I will post Lakewood (also in Ft Pierce), and Halpatiokee in Stuart. That now leaves me the two Palm Beach courses and then I am hoping to hit some north FL courses before the weather gets too hot.

back to minnesota. we stayed in an air b&b in white bear lake and crammed in as much beer, food, and disc as we could, and i seriously considered just not going back home to iowa and living in that little loft for awhile.

back to minnesota. we stayed in an air b&b in white bear lake and crammed in as much beer, food, and disc as we could, and i seriously considered just not going back home to iowa and living in that little loft for awhile.

Not sure what you've actually played in MN, but Chain's Edge should be on your radar :thmbup:

We have been planning a trip in Egypt this summer. Is there any dg course near Cairo? Would really want to watch and participate if there is.

Any suggestions also where we could hire some local tourist guides there?

Chain's Edge, huh? Tell me about the place. Sure, I can look up info, but I'd like to hear what you have to say.

3 full courses on one property. Two 18s and one was 20 I believe. Excellent wooded golf. Probably only 40 or so minutes north of Minny. We thoroughly enjoyed it in late April a couple years ago. It's good stuff 👍

I'm thinking about doing a mini in-state tour of south-central Indiana towards the end of March weather permitting.
Bloomington/Loogootee/French Lick for the first leg then check Severin Lang off the bucket list the next day before bagging whatever else is on the way home.
I'd like to work BC3 in there somehow but maybe save that one for an excuse to return to Nashville

Got a bunch of dudes going to IDGC for a weekend camping trip in April. Very much looking forward to that. Some of them have been there before, but not me. Been wanting to go for a long time...Finally get to check it off the List. :clap:

i enjoyed idgc

try to hit up langley if you can too (which is fairly obvious)

See, I must thank you for this. What is obvious to you was wholly unknown to me. :p

Did a quick run-through in here, and that place looks *awesome.* If we can manage it, we'll definitely hit that one, too.

Muchas gracias!

people could gripe about the walks between holes and that it might consist of moar of a "hike" than traditional dg park style but i felt it was waaay worth it some of the middle holes are amazing

they went for sick holes over good flow and it paid off imo

starts and ends a little bland and tbh i would def skip the last 2 holes if on a time crunch

enjoy

You'll never hear me gripe about the walk. That's the whole point! Walk and throw, walk and throw.

Just as you'll never hear me ask, "Is it cart friendly?"

Don't care. I have a cart. It moves when I pull it. Up, down, or sideways, dammit. :D If my legs burn, so be it.

Latest posts