• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where are you going in 2023?

So, played Keriakes and Freeman Lake, and the first 4 holes of Muldraugh. #5 nearly killed me.

Currently in my local Emergency room awaiting X-rays, catscan, and hopefully MRI.

Was walking down a steep hill after teeing off, and the muddy ground gave way and my left knee buckled under me, and as I was going down, my right knee buckled. Pretty sure both knees have extensive connective tissue damage.

I can't recall feeling pain like that. Eventually a 30's 'ish discer named Nicky came by and carried my bag back to his car, cameback and helped me back, too.

Cant walk on my own at this point (left quad basically not working, right is too painful), but once I got in the car, I was actually able to drive without discomfort.

Thank God I no longer own a manual trans.

Stopped a several drive through getting 3 large cups of ice several times to ice my knees as I drove. (Had a gallon ziploc back I'd filled with snacks).

Longest 400 miles of my life.

Hope I don't need surgery (it felt/feels that bad when I try to stand), but I'm already trying to laugh about it.

If I'd look back in a year and laugh, why wait?

Geez, dude, feel better soon and I hope you fully recover! (hugs)

You'll be back to backflips before you know it!

Looking forward to hyzer-flips!

I xan just tell from the way I went down, and the way my legs are (and aren't) working, that the tendons are ruptured, at least partially.

Still waiting for ultrasound.
But doc zaid this would be very recoverable

Keep me laughing, guys!

Last edited:
We got you covered!

low-poly-robot-legs-3d-model-low-poly-obj-fbx-blend.png

I xan just tell from the way I went down, and the way my legs are (and aren't) working, that the tendons are ruptured, at least partially.

Keep me laughing, guys!

Man that's awful to hear. Hope the news is better than expected and all will be well in no time flat! Best wishes!! At least it wasn't the first hole of the trip? That would have been an even bigger bummer.

Is there at least a decent barbecue joint near the hospital???

That drive reminded me of the time I crashed my bicycle and fractured my right elbow. Thing swelled up like a cantaloupe. Couldn't move it at all. Nearest hospital wasnt too far, but of course, vehicle at the time was an early 90's ford explorer with a smooth as washboard gravel 5 speed. Trying to shift gears left handed was a treat.

Seriously though, best wishes!

Keep me laughing, guys!

So long as you don't hear the nurses whispering, "Glue factory..." behind their hands, I think you'll be okay...:|

Really glad I got to hit some wonderful courses this trip and from what I saw of it, Muldraugh should be fun city for an elevation loving, shot shaping, noodle arm, like me.

I'm sure this will be first time in forever that I'll have met my deductible of $3500. That works out to $875/ for the 4 holes I completed at Muldraugh. Talk about exorbitant pay to play fees.

Drove right past the gold depository to get to the course, which was kinda neat to see outside of Goldfinger.

Last edited:
Really glad I got to hit some wonderful courses this trip and from what I saw of it, Muldraugh should be fun city for an elevation loving, shot shaping, noodle arm, like me.

I'm sure this will be first time in forever that I'll have met my deductible of $3500. That works out to $875/ for the 4 holes I completed at Muldraugh. Talk about exorbitant pay to play fees.

Drove right past the gold depository to get to the course, which was kinda neat to see outside of Goldfinger.

i hope you have a quick recovery and can get back out there

I'm heading to Kansas the end of May through the first week of June. Visiting family at Fort Riley and I've told everyone that I need at least one day to myself to visit Emporia. I want to check out Dynamic Discs, even though I don't throw their discs, and play a round down there.

Keep me laughing, guys!

Also we need pictures!!! :popcorn: Haven't had a good addition to the injury thread in a while.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3781971&highlight=gruesome#post3781971

Coincidentally, you were the last person to post in that thread...

The best I can say is, I'm glad you didn't do that at Stoney Hill. We have lots of slopes and dropoffs where it's possible, and I'm no longer in condition to drag disc golfers back to their cars.

Maybe you can blame residual sleeping gas?

-edit-
Yes, I'm aware they didn't actually use any

Keep me laughing, guys!

Also we need pictures!!! :popcorn: Haven't had a good addition to the injury thread in a while.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3781971&highlight=gruesome#post3781971

Coincidentally, you were the last person to post in that thread...

Pretty sure pix from my phone are too large to post. Will see what I can do ot dave on album on my social page. The incisions are probab ly covered.