• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where are you going in 2023?

Starting to iron out my October drive to see my folks in eastern PA. Will have time for one round per day on the drive up. The plan is to go from Fort Lauderdale to Rocky Mount, NC and stopping at Tom Triplett in Savannah. The drive will be finished Friday, leaving Rocky Mount and heading to Allentown. I'm really wanting to hit Faylor Lake, which is an hour from Harrisburg but well out of my way. The other option is Muddy Run, which is a lot closer to the travel route as it is south of Lancaster. Anybody here play both? I've seen Faylor on film twice, but never Muddy Run.
I have played Faylor and Agape Farm but not Muddy Run. Have seen Muddy Run on video here:

I would rate Faylor marginally better than Agape. The par 3's are better at Agape but the last few holes are not overly interesting. Both are absolutely great pieces of property with a lot of great holes. Both are also a ton of work to play with looong holes and big elevation. Both will be absolutely spectacular in October.

I'm really wanting to hit Faylor Lake, which is an hour from Harrisburg but well out of my way. The other option is Muddy Run, which is a lot closer to the travel route as it is south of Lancaster. Anybody here play both? I've seen Faylor on film twice, but never Muddy Run.

Have not played Faylor but folks whose opinion I trust loved playing there.

Muddy Run is a ton of fun but I think they might have cleaned up the rough a little too much in recent years, if that makes sense.

Either should give you a fine round of disc golf, but as Biscoe said Agape Farms is not too far from Faylor Lake.

Can't go wrong either way. :)

muddy run is above average course for sure but its bland and boring and i would skip

Starting to iron out my October drive to see my folks in eastern PA. Will have time for one round per day on the drive up. The plan is to go from Fort Lauderdale to Rocky Mount, NC and stopping at Tom Triplett in Savannah. The drive will be finished Friday, leaving Rocky Mount and heading to Allentown. I'm really wanting to hit Faylor Lake, which is an hour from Harrisburg but well out of my way. The other option is Muddy Run, which is a lot closer to the travel route as it is south of Lancaster. Anybody here play both? I've seen Faylor on film twice, but never Muddy Run.
Muddy Run is a solid course. I enjoyed Quakers Challenge much more.

://www.dgcoursereview.com/courses/pinchot-state-park-quakers-challenge.2315

Muddy Run is a solid course. I enjoyed Quakers Challenge much more.

://www.dgcoursereview.com/courses/pinchot-state-park-quakers-challenge.2315

Second this recommendation. The other item is Muddy Run is literally in the middle of nowhere. Expect an hour + of winding country roads with a good chance of running into a horse pulling a buggy. And not very accessible from the South.

Quakers isn't too far from I-81 and route 15.

Personally I also liked Coyote hills more than Muddy Run and is right on I-81. And Muddy Run is a really nice course.

Second this recommendation. The other item is Muddy Run is literally in the middle of nowhere. Expect an hour + of winding country roads with a good chance of running into a horse pulling a buggy. And not very accessible from the South.

Quakers isn't too far from I-81 and route 15.

Personally I also liked Coyote hills more than Muddy Run and is right on I-81. And Muddy Run is a really nice course.
I played Quakers about fifteen years ago. That could be an option if I go up I-83, as that would be a lot less out of the way than Faylor or Muddy. I'd pick up 83 in Baltimore. I'm just looking to see what options I haven't played before that are worth my time.

Agape is closer to Altoona, which is out of my way heading west, closer to 81. The only stretch of 81 I'm going to be on is between Harrisburg and the 78 split east of Hershey.

Need to finalize what courses I'd like to travel to while lodging in Allentown, maybe there is something new and exciting that I have yet to play that isn't far away. AGA Preserve is on my list. Did Steel Club shut down the DG course? Here's also to hoping Nocky might be playable again by then too. (pipe dream I'm sure)

Here's also to hoping Nocky might be playable again by then too. (pipe dream I'm sure)

That would be fabulous if Nocky was available. I'd play there again in a heartbeat.

Other options:

I can strongly recommend Forest Valley and Cannon Ridge (private - contact owner), each just off I-95 in VA.

If you take I-81 through PA you could add Seneca Creek and/or Woodsboro without much of a detour. If you drive that way I know a guy who owes you course guide services. ;)

If you stick to I-95 Mill Brook and/or Kinder Farm are right on the way.

Either way you could add MD and/or VA to your states played list . . .

That would be fabulous if Nocky was available. I'd play there again in a heartbeat.

Other options:

I can strongly recommend Forest Valley and Cannon Ridge (private - contact owner), each just off I-95 in VA.

If you take I-81 through PA you could add Seneca Creek and/or Woodsboro without much of a detour. If you drive that way I know a guy who owes you course guide services. ;)

If you stick to I-95 Mill Brook and/or Kinder Farm are right on the way.

Either way you could add MD and/or VA to your states played list . . .
Seneca Creek looks like it's not far off the Beltway and 27 holes...there is some food for thought. The bad part is that I would be getting up there sometime Friday...traffic. Maybe after the round, I go up US 15 through Gettysburg instead of backtracking to the Beltway or over to I-95 towards Baltimore.

If I left Rocky Mount between 6 and 6:30, I probably get there well before lunch. Might be a good option. Thanks. I'll keep you posted.

doing a separate trip thread so not to tie this one up anymore

got a day trip planned (easy courses warm up) on my way to the farragut open
leave in the am & hit these 4 after a 3hr drive (might cut 1 depending on leave time)
Coeur d'Alene/ranthum - 3 three hole courses & 1 5holer:
then lunch at westwood brewing
then 27holes up the hill there: Rathdrum Mtn. - Westwood
after that not sure i should use my arm more (save for tourney), but there are 2 more 9holers possible on the way
Tiger's Den school hours, so will see what time i get there
not sure about this private course: Gen3 DGC
possibly hit this on 1 of following 3 days (only 1 round/day for the tourney) Sandpoint - Littlefoot DGC (it was flooded last time when i played baldfoot)
on my way to caliber to hopefully play motherload! - which would totally kill my arm, so probably only do this if i'm not doing well in the tourney... have another trip in mind to make motherload the base for another trip around this area (including kooky noosa).

.....I'm really wanting to hit Faylor Lake, which is an hour from Harrisburg but well out of my way. The other option is Muddy Run, which is a lot closer to the travel route as it is south of Lancaster. Anybody here play both? I've seen Faylor on film twice, but never Muddy Run.
If it were purely a question of Faylor Lake versus Muddy Run, I would have to recommend Faylor Lake without hesitation. But if you have to stick to your travel plans, then Muddy Run will certainly not disappoint. Both courses have a generous helping of hills and woods, but Faylor Lake does it better.
Still, Muddy Run will more than satisfy.

i'm going to have a 4hr layover in slc on oct10... is that enough time to bag a course around there??? anybody live there & willing to pick me up/drop off? there is a bus that goes by the nearest course, but i don't think 4hrs is enough for bus riding. i think i'll try uber for the first time

Colorado in about a week. Been looking at this one for awhile now. Can. Not. Wait.

Mountain GIF by Sunshine Village

Hoping to do a 3-day road trip into PA next week.

Faylor Lake, Agape Farm, and lots of niners. 😁
Faylor and Agape are both excellent and both a ton of work to play (much more than the Lions imo). Beware the overgrown section in the field on Hole 5 at Agape. You can't see it from down the hill in the woods and it is right where what you think is a great (second or third) shot will land. If you land in there and happen to find my D4 I would love it back. :)

I'm retiring at the end of this month. In mid October, we're planning an 8-10 day dg drive from Memphis to S Carolina, then up to PA to see friends and family, and play dg. First stop: Chattanooga [play the Sinks]. Next day play 2 highly rated courses sl north of Atlanta on way to see friends & play in S. Carolina. I've not yet played in Georgia or S. Carolina. On the way north, will play & add N. Carolina. I have played in VA & may not play there, but I plan to add highly rated courses in W VA & Maryland which will add 2 more new courses and states. We'll stay a few days in eastern PA with family, before heading back home, and I plan to add courses [and states] in New Jersey and NY. Geography really smiling on the plans for this trip! I hope to add 8 new states [roughly 15 now] and new courses to my count of ~230]. Not too bad for a fat guy pushing 70. I am excited!
I try to play the highest rated courses that fit the schedule, so I love this site and the reviews, and reviewers. Many thanks to all! I've written 2-3 reviews. Hope to write some more. I really envy the course baggers!

Going to OBX in a few weeks to play tournament at Casey Logan. Have a day to kill. Anything else worth playing? (definitely not playing the cactus course)