• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where are you going in 2023?

I'm retiring at the end of this month. In mid October, we're planning an 8-10 day dg drive from Memphis to S Carolina, then up to PA to see friends and family, and play dg. First stop: Chattanooga [play the Sinks]. Next day play 2 highly rated courses sl north of Atlanta on way to see friends & play in S. Carolina. I've not yet played in Georgia or S. Carolina. On the way north, will play & add N. Carolina. I have played in VA & may not play there, but I plan to add highly rated courses in W VA & Maryland which will add 2 more new courses and states. We'll stay a few days in eastern PA with family, before heading back home, and I plan to add courses [and states] in New Jersey and NY. Geography really smiling on the plans for this trip! I hope to add 8 new states [roughly 15 now] and new courses to my count of ~230]. Not too bad for a fat guy pushing 70. I am excited!
I try to play the highest rated courses that fit the schedule, so I love this site and the reviews, and reviewers. Many thanks to all! I've written 2-3 reviews. Hope to write some more. I really envy the course baggers!
Congrats on the retirement [every day is a Saturday] and the road trip.

We'll stay a few days in eastern PA with family, before heading back home, and I plan to add courses [and states] in New Jersey and NY. Geography really smiling on the plans for this trip! I hope to add 8 new states [roughly 15 now] and new courses to my count of ~230]. Not too bad for a fat guy pushing 70. I am excited!
I try to play the highest rated courses that fit the schedule
Plan on Stafford Voorhees, NJ, it's the best in the state and in danger of getting pulled by NJDEP, it's within 20 min of south Philly.

I'm 60 and on a road trip now hitting highly ranked courses in NC, SC, NC, VA, KY and hopefully soon OH and PA after next week.

Wow....I have had a real roller coaster trying to get my Highbridge trip in. I had a lifelong buddy, and casual disc golf companion, fall down some stairs and pass away this week. I had this trip planned and was supposed to leave yesterday. Well, the process of harvesting his organs and subsequently, his celebration of life gathering, have been moved around a handful of times. Thanks to much of the family picking up COVID in the hospital, the celebration has been pushed out a week or so. I am heading to Marquette in the morning to spend a couple nights and knock down a couple Marquette courses. Gonna hit Sandy Pointe on the way to Upson WI, to check into our Airbnb. Five days to play Highbridge for the first time.

What is retirement...... (I got nothing, will be working till the day I die)

on another note, cleared out another small area of North Eastern Kansas yesterday,

1115 miles
7 courses
99 holes

1609 with 236 of those in Kansas

I got 4 or 5 more Kansas trips mapped out, I actually skipped playing a couple of courses to make it fit better and get to those far away courses. I had actually originally planned on hitting a course up in Nebraska yesterday, but was able to play a private course in Kansas instead.

I did finish the day playing a couple of 18 hole courses even though there were 9 hole courses in the same town. Shoot, one of them was across the street from the course I was playing, Even saw some people out playing that one. (only disc golfers I saw playing all day)

Wow....I have had a real roller coaster trying to get my Highbridge trip in. I had a lifelong buddy, and casual disc golf companion, fall down some stairs and pass away this week. I had this trip planned and was supposed to leave yesterday. Well, the process of harvesting his organs and subsequently, his celebration of life gathering, have been moved around a handful of times. Thanks to much of the family picking up COVID in the hospital, the celebration has been pushed out a week or so. I am heading to Marquette in the morning to spend a couple nights and knock down a couple Marquette courses. Gonna hit Sandy Pointe on the way to Upson WI, to check into our Airbnb. Five days to play Highbridge for the first time.
Wow. "Roller coaster" sounds like an understatement. I'm so sorry to hear this. There are no good words.

I hope that the trip helps you think about something else for a while. DGCR community is here for you!

Last edited:
Oh boy.....in the midst of a great trip. Got to play Powder Mills in Marquette. Just a terrific course, technical wooded glory. I think the DNR was called, for the number of trees I hit was criminal. Played Sandy Point on the way to Highbridge and had a blast. A glorious wooded, resort track with a 1000 rated bench game. Took our time and savored the noodle arm paradise. Played Blueberry Hill at Highbridge yesterday. WHAT A PIECE OF PROPERTY. Blueberry is likely a top 10 course for me, reminded me of a Northwoods black in real backcountry woods. The views and vistas are breathtaking. I know you true baggers are groaning at our 1 course a day pace, but Oberon has a call of its own. Playing with Mtrcty5 and loving Northern Wisco.

Oh boy.....in the midst of a great trip. Got to play Powder Mills in Marquette. Just a terrific course, technical wooded glory. I think the DNR was called, for the number of trees I hit was criminal. Played Sandy Point on the way to Highbridge and had a blast. A glorious wooded, resort track with a 1000 rated bench game. Took our time and savored the noodle arm paradise. Played Blueberry Hill at Highbridge yesterday. WHAT A PIECE OF PROPERTY. Blueberry is likely a top 10 course for me, reminded me of a Northwoods black in real backcountry woods. The views and vistas are breathtaking. I know you true baggers are groaning at our 1 course a day pace, but Oberon has a call of its own. Playing with Mtrcty5 and loving Northern Wisco.
YES! 3 great picks 😁 Don't mind the baggers - savor and enjoy every minute of it!

Leaving Sunday, hit up Lenox City, IL for gas, food, and a quick 9 at Haines Wayside (Dana Vicich redesign).
Camping Sunday night at Wildcat Bluff. Hoping to get there in time to play Sunday afternoon.
Then on to KC Monday morning/afternoon. Bag around KC for a couple days, then start toward StL
Harmony Bends Thursday, Eagles Crossing Friday, plus whatever we have the arm for before/after
Head back toward home Saturday

Leaving Sunday, hit up Lenox City, IL for gas, food, and a quick 9 at Haines Wayside (Dana Vicich redesign).
Camping Sunday night at Wildcat Bluff. Hoping to get there in time to play Sunday afternoon.
Then on to KC Monday morning/afternoon. Bag around KC for a couple days, then start toward StL
Harmony Bends Thursday, Eagles Crossing Friday, plus whatever we have the arm for before/after
The current Haines is the third version of that course that I've played and definitely the best. Only so much you can do with that land though.

Back end of the trip sounds top shelf only. Starting at the bottom and working your way up. I like it!

Chilling at home after a 3-day, 11-course bagging trip to central PA. The common theme in central PA is gorgeous scenery and hills. Big hills. Lots of big hills. 😁

I hit course #400 on the trip, appropriately at a middle school niner. :rolleyes:

Agape Farm Championship and Faylor Lake were the highlights. Both are spectacular courses and I expect they will continue to improve. Harvest Fields was quite nice, too.

Red Dog is up to 239 courses in 39 states.

That's a fantastic route. Wildcat, Harmony and Eagle's Crossing are worth the price of admission alone.

If you have time, Holts Summit just SE a bit from Colombia is worth a stop. Very well done course on some excellent terrain. Warrenton Pool park is pretty quick and solid too. Play New Melle though. And Longview in KS is absolutely worth a stop. A bit out of the way but super fun. Wildcat Bluff vibes to it. I'll stop. I just get excited about amazing roadies :cool:

I hit course #400 on the trip, appropriately at a middle school niner. :rolleyes:

Baggers can't be picky. 400 is 400. You're at the IDGAF stage as far as courses played now. There's no going back...

Star Wars GIF

Good grief. If you planned a fall Highbridge trip, you could NOT order better weather. The colors up in this neck of the woods are getting going. Went out and got mauled by The Bear yesterday.....absolutely brutalized. 😍 😍 Took a rehydration day today and knocked down Woodland Greens and put in a couple hours on the Highbridge official picnicking area. Met some local legends and reveled in the autumn splendor. Gonna give Granite Ridge a run for our last hurrah tomorrow. WOW!!

Last edited:
Recap:

Sunday: Haines Wayside, Wildcat Bluff
Monday: Southwoods Park (West Des Moines), Soaring Eagle, Osceola, South Harrison Bulldogs
Tuesday: Riverview (Platte City, MO), Water Works, Bad Rock Creek, Bennett, Rosedale Down Under, Lenexa, Shawnee CC, Mize Elementary
Wednesday: Spoon Creek, Black Hoof 18, Black Hoof 9, Cedar Ridge, Edwardsville City Park, Minor Smith/Southwood, Howard Park
Thursday: Harmony Bends, Indian Hills, Ashland City Park
Friday: Warrenton Pool Park, Eagle's Crossing
Saturday: Jefferson Barracks - The Bunker

My arm is good and cooked. The new course at Eagle's is fantastic. I didn't have the arm left for it, but walked it with those who did.

Recap:

Sunday: Haines Wayside, Wildcat Bluff
Monday: Southwoods Park (West Des Moines), Soaring Eagle, Osceola, South Harrison Bulldogs
Tuesday: Riverview (Platte City, MO), Water Works, Bad Rock Creek, Bennett, Rosedale Down Under, Lenexa, Shawnee CC, Mize Elementary
Wednesday: Spoon Creek, Black Hoof 18, Black Hoof 9, Cedar Ridge, Edwardsville City Park, Minor Smith/Southwood, Howard Park
Thursday: Harmony Bends, Indian Hills, Ashland City Park
Friday: Warrenton Pool Park, Eagle's Crossing
Saturday: Jefferson Barracks - The Bunker

My arm is good and cooked. The new course at Eagle's is fantastic. I didn't have the arm left for it, but walked it with those who did.
What'd you think of Southwoods? I enjoyed it quite a bit... It should probably be retired on here and re-added for the new 18 hole course design.

Same as Voges, but minus Sunday and the first half of Monday.

But plus Wild Times, the second course at Eagles Crossing. Wooded and amazing. Such a fun rip. Arm is fine, legs are shot.

Partly overlapped with Voges and Stardoggy, then did some solo bagging from St. Louis to Louisville.

New course count = 17 over 6 days, which is a pretty good pace for me.

Next bagging trip is in 4 days so I better do some laundry. :rolleyes:

Latest posts