• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where are you going in 2023?

Scooped another 11 courses last Friday in the greater Rochester, MN area, and a couple western WI.

Some real crummy frolf in Rochester...
absolute garbage

although northern iowa is slightly worse

why were you there out of all places

The. Mall.
If only we could put a course in a defunct mall for winter DG.

Outrageous skips and rollers.
Play off of ceilings and walls.

Play up/down escalators. Hell... play up down through the central opening between floors.

No clearing off tee pads or handwarmers.

Too bad it wouldn't be anywhere close to economically feasible.
*sigh*

Easier to play them all.

Damn straight.

What western WI courses did you get? It's hit or miss over there, but some alright ones, for bagging at least.

I need to talk to Shuie into somehow getting me into Volk Field otherwise I will inevitably be short 1 out of however many courses there are in the state now.

I'm probably going to have the mods remove that USM course in the Milwaukee area considering there's only 1 basket left out of 9 and I don't think they're even permanently installed. It's also on a private college campus where security will legit kick you out if you don't have a pass.

No idea why that one was even added to begin with.

I need to talk to Shuie into somehow getting me into Volk Field otherwise I will inevitably be short 1 out of however many courses there are in the state now.

I'm probably going to have the mods remove that USM course in the Milwaukee area considering there's only 1 basket left out of 9 and I don't think they're even permanently installed. It's also on a private college campus where security will legit kick you out if you don't have a pass.

No idea why that one was even added to begin with.

Yeah I've been having to look at that damn volk field one too 😠

Hopefully I can make back down to Milwaukee again next year and clean some stuff up down there. There's so many all over the state for me still.

Yeah I've been having to look at that damn volk field one too 😠

Hopefully I can make back down to Milwaukee again next year and clean some stuff up down there. There's so many all over the state for me still.

I actually didn't really check but I wonder if you actually have to have a military ID to play it. I know there's a decent amount of military / AFB courses in California and other states but some of them actually allow the public to play them.

I actually didn't really check but I wonder if you actually have to have a military ID to play it. I know there's a decent amount of military / AFB courses in California and other states but some of them actually allow the public to play them.

I'm pretty sure you do for that one. But it has been awhile since I actually clicked on the course info page for it.

I added a course or 2 in WI a couple weeks ago. One is a school one down by the foxes in Kenosha. Looks terrible but at least there's something else good nearby

I'm pretty sure you do for that one. But it has been awhile since I actually clicked on the course info page for it.

I added a course or 2 in WI a couple weeks ago. One is a school one down by the foxes in Kenosha. Looks terrible but at least there's something else good nearby

I highly suggest playing the Summer Trails course next summer. It's a pretty fun spin on a ski hill course where I'm 99% SRV crashed in his helicopter at.

I highly suggest playing the Summer Trails course next summer. It's a pretty fun spin on a ski hill course where I'm 99% SRV crashed in his helicopter at.

You can make it 100%. I worked occasionally at the music venue, although that was before the Stevie Ray tragedy. The crash site is toward the far left side of the hill (uphill and around maybe 1000 feet east of the #16 basket). I don't believe there is any marker at the crash site.

There's a decent video if you want to hike up there.

I pulled into Volk Field. It's an Air Force base, and you need an on-base sponsor to get in. My veteran status wouldn't even get me in.

I pulled into Volk Field. It's an Air Force base, and you need an on-base sponsor to get in. My veteran status wouldn't even get me in.

I don't really understand why people add these kinds of courses to DGCR.

If there's no way for your average person to play the course (even if it requires staying at a resort/camp/etc), then it shouldn't be added to the site imo.

I believe all courses should be added to DGCR — this is a course directory, after all, plus it someone somehow plays it, they should be able to mark it as played. That said, some courses should be "hidden" so they don't appear on the map or in general search results. The aforementioned course seems to fit that list.

Made it up to Honey Bear Hollow yesterday and got a round in at Maconuqah Park. 2 of the oldest courses in Indiana and they didn't disappoint. Honey Bear was in good shape
That's good to hear about HoneyBear Hollow, the oldest course in Indiana, and a Steady Ed original!!
I going to try and swing by there next year, if things work out right.

I played Beaver Brook in North Monmouth, ME this summer. The oldest course in New England, so naturally Maine also, and a Steady Ed orginal.
When I checked in at the desk, the lady said something like, "Is that still there? or Play it while you can." But the young guy also working there was impressed I was there to play it.
They have pretty nice signs, but the tees were natural with landscaping flags, the baskets were in decent shape. The layout was pretty good, using the rocky landscape very well on several holes. Kinda of a pain to get to (and $10 to play), but fun to add to my courses played list.

I believe all courses should be added to DGCR — this is a course directory, after all, plus it someone somehow plays it, they should be able to mark it as played. That said, some courses should be "hidden" so they don't appear on the map or in general search results. The aforementioned course seems to fit that list.
If it's a private course, you can put the coordinates as 0,0

Then you can click it as "played" and the owner will not get mad, I have been thinking about adding a couple of private ones with no "directions" on here to get them off my list on my profile.

Here is an example of one