• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where are you going in 2023?

I think I may try to get Rockburn Branch Park in Maryland this week. Never played but it looks like fun.

I am planning to play 2 courses this week on St John, US Virgin Islands. These will be courses 649 & 650 for me.

However, only one of the two courses is listed here on DGCR. I was hoping someone stateside could add the second course in St John to DGCR since internet at hotel here is hit or miss. All the info is on the other app. Otherwise, I will have to wait until I return home to add the course and officially mark it as played.

I am planning to play 2 courses this week on St John, US Virgin Islands. These will be courses 649 & 650 for me.

However, only one of the two courses is listed here on DGCR. I was hoping someone stateside could add the second course in St John to DGCR since internet at hotel here is hit or miss. All the info is on the other app. Otherwise, I will have to wait until I return home to add the course and officially mark it as played.
I got you! (as the kids say :ROFLMAO: )

Just added it. Listed it as Somewhat Cart Friendly, Mostly Flat and Lightly Wooded, let me know if I need to change any of those.
Will probably list all holes as Flat, unless you have "on the island" insights.

Enjoy the trip, try the Underwater Scooters if you have time. They were pretty cool when we were there!!

I think I may try to get Rockburn Branch Park in Maryland this week. Never played but it looks like fun.
Rockburn is not bad. Check out Patapsco Valley, though. Much better course, imo.

Either way, have fun!

Impromptu Gulf Coast visit tomorrow...trying to squeeze in two new nine holers plus a revisit on Tortoise Run and Estero DGC...going to be a long day, plus two hours of driving before and after the day of disc golf.

Following Saturday I'll be hitting Amelia and Homestead. I'll have to set my laptop up to do those reviews and get them in before the "buzzer".

Rockburn is not bad. Check out Patapsco Valley, though. Much better course, imo.

Either way, have fun!
P-Tap really is an interesting course. I played like complete sh!t that day, but the course has a lot of variety.

Last edited:
Played 9 courses on a van trip from MD to Los Angeles with the dogs. Highlights included The Lodge - Island Course (OK #1), Wolf Knob in KY, and Fort Tuthill in Flagstaff AZ.

We shall see how many SoCal courses I can squeeze in between family activities before the end of the year.

Played 3 more courses in Los Angeles, which should get me over 100 for the year. If so, that would be a new personal best.

Looking at the weather forecast, more new courses might have to wait until 2024.

Escaped from the in-laws for a bit yesterday and made my way over to bag Marilla Park in Streator, Illinois. Was having a lovely time other than the par 5, hole 15. Had an excellent teeshot making the corner on a long dog leg. I then proceeded to go for a hero shot with the creek looming to the left. Ended up not getting enough turn on it and plunked my Hannah Leatherman Tern in a waterfall 🤦‍♂️

Played 2 new courses on New Year's Eve to finish the year with 110 new courses. Not sure I can top that next year but it will be fun to try.

Started 2024 with a small earthquake. Hope that is not an omen. :rolleyes:

Gonna try and bag at least 10 more in FL before heading out in MAR. (Which would put me on the FL Top Baggers list! :thmbup:)

Included in that will be my Bday day off in FEB, will probably head to Gainesville for the state's oldest course and GG's home course, Northside, a few others there, then the 2 in Ocala.

Then we will probably settle somewhere around NC for a few months, hopefully Hville, NC, Greenville, SC or Lynchburg, VA. Some target rich environments there!

The wife really wants to summer in Maine, so probably a string of one and dones on the way there, then hopefully we land in a good DG area in Maine. Gonna start saving some cash now.

Finally, will try to hit a few more on the way back next fall.
With all that, if I can get 5 new states (taking me to 20), I'll be happy!! :D
Thought I would update you all on how my 2023 ended up:

I got 26 more courses in FL, including everything in Gainesville, both in Ocala and everything in Lakeland (a pretty good small DG town). That got me to 76 in the state and #17 on the Top Baggers list.

I picked up a few courses and 2 new states (PA and CT) on the way to Maine, including a stop at the Yuengling Brewery in Pottsville, PA, definitely a highlight in the year.

Then in Maine, I bagged 37 new courses, and now have a total of 38, #8 on the Top Baggers list. Highlights were Sabattus-Eagle Sabattus Disc Golf - Eagle - Reviews and Augusta-Ghost Tree Augusta Disc Golf - Ghost Tree - Reviews and playing the oldest course in the state and New England, and a Steady Ed original - Beaver Brook. Also, got to meet and throw a round with enragedmullet!! 👍

I also got to bag my 4th country (CAN) and to play 2 courses in 4 new Provinces: QC, NB, NS and PE. The highlight was playing Hillcrest just a few days after they reopened from storm damage - Hillcrest DGC - Reviews

On the way back to NC, we stopped in Mass. for a week, so I played two more new states (MA and RI), 10 courses in MA and 6 of the 7 in Rhode Island (putting me at #2 on the Top Baggers list :D). The highlights were playing Maple Hill, Pyramids and Borderlands (finishing in a group of 10) on the same day. Also playing the Oldest and Highest Rated courses in both states.

Then, on a stop in NY, I played another Steady Ed (and oldest in the State) at Leonard Park and 1 NJ course, for 2 more new states.

Finished the year in NC with 7 new courses including The Regulator, home of the 2023 USWDGC.

That got me to 6 new states, now 21 in total, and 117 new courses, 35 more than my previous high, for the year. I know that is just 1 road trip for Cox3 or PizzaGod, but pretty good for me! :ROFLMAO:
One regret I have from 2023, I had planned to get a round in with timg in MA, but had to cancel due to work, travel and daylight restrictions. :cry:
Still working on 2024 plans, but I do know it will start in FL, in the Tampa area!