• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Where The Wind Blows, Ahti Goes

The reviews sound good. And the stamp is badass. Neptune-looking mythological god with a pitchfork and a big fish. Legit!

Just got the email about it from Dynamic.

Not quite sure what I think about the Aquaman stamp.

I kind of like it, with the tursus on there it almost looks like aqua man is wearing a hydra logo. Weird, crossover thing sort of.

Workable! I hope not. I want a relentless meathook that wants to murder turf.

Workable! I hope not. I want a relentless meathook that wants to murder turf.

What about the flat Opto Sparks did not work for you? Just not wide rimmed enough? Also, do you just prefer the Trilogy plastic all things being equal in the flight? Have you tried the flat topped Luster Firebirds? Sorry for all of the questions.

Had a chance to throw a yellow 175 VIP over the weekend. It seemed closer to a slightly seasoned FB than a FAF. I like it but wouldn't consider it a "relentless meathook".

What about the flat Opto Sparks did not work for you? Just not wide rimmed enough? Also, do you just prefer the Trilogy plastic all things being equal in the flight? Have you tried the flat topped Luster Firebirds? Sorry for all of the questions.

Sparks were okay. I had a flat one that was good, but if couldn't throw it as hard as I wanted with no turn. The new runs are significantly less stable so finding first/second runs is too hard.

I love the flat luster Firebirds and champ Firebirds from 2008-2010 and the were a could runs from 2012-13 that were money too, but I haven't gotten a good champ FB that was made since then. They all have had a lower PLH even when flat.

I have a mostly Westside bag, and would love to see if they could make a disc I love as much as my favorite Firebirds and is easier to order.

The XXX is fine and I do like them if it were just a Trillogy thing, but I'd prefer to throw plastic with those crazy Finish characters on them if possible.

Firebirds are my favorite disc, but unfortunately they are so varied I can't order them online.

Had a chance to throw a yellow 175 VIP over the weekend. It seemed closer to a slightly seasoned FB than a FAF. I like it but wouldn't consider it a "relentless meathook".

Sounds like a great distance sidearm/overhand driver. Probably pretty good for headwind drives? If its glidey though, that could be an issue. I might be willing to try it, but Im kind of hooked on my Sexton Firebird right now.

Sparks were okay. I had a flat one that was good, but if couldn't throw it as hard as I wanted with no turn. The new runs are significantly less stable so finding first/second runs is too hard.

I love the flat luster Firebirds and champ Firebirds from 2008-2010 and the were a could runs from 2012-13 that were money too, but I haven't gotten a good champ FB that was made since then. They all have had a lower PLH even when flat.

I have a mostly Westside bag, and would love to see if they could make a disc I love as much as my favorite Firebirds and is easier to order.

The XXX is fine and I do like them if it were just a Trillogy thing, but I'd prefer to throw plastic with those crazy Finish characters on them if possible.

Firebirds are my favorite disc, but unfortunately they are so varied I can't order them online.

I have a blue VIP Giant that is stupidly beefy for me, like makes my other two Giants look like Teebirds. For you, I dunno, but I'm willing to help one of DGCR's finest if I can.

@moose have you ever thrown a Motion? I feel like that is exactly what you're looking for...

@moose have you ever thrown a Motion? I feel like that is exactly what you're looking for...

Yes, I have a couple and it's weird, I really like them and they go super far for me, but I just didn't click with it on the course. The shots were fine, but they don't behave exactly how I think they should sometimes.

I have a blue VIP Giant that is stupidly beefy for me, like makes my other two Giants look like Teebirds. For you, I dunno, but I'm willing to help one of DGCR's finest if I can.

I would love to talk about that. PM me when you think about it.

Got to throw a 172 VIP red Ahti finally. I've been anticipating this disc for a while now. First it flies very overstable as designed. More overstable than a felon for sure. But you can actually get a decent amount of distance on it given good snap and a flat release. Definitely not beginner friendly. The rim itself is very comfortable. Not too sharp. Fairly shallow as well and feels good for flicks. Definitely staying in the bag.

Not as OS as the Criminal but more than the Felon. Really filled a huge gap for WS. Love it.

Just got my hands on a tournament one, loving the feel of the rim and of the plastic. Great consistent OS flight that is very workable for my power sidearm, this thing could bump my Sexton Firebird out of the bag.

Can anyone compare the felon/ahti/criminal/xxx, or maybe with the predator/firebird?

I've always been a predator/felon thrower. The Ahti has me intrigued but I don't think I'd ever need to have one.

Latest posts