• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

where to play in east bay CA

cjskier

Double Eagle Member
I'm going down to SF from Tahoe on two weeks for a Giants game. I should have time for a quick round on my way down at a new course. Where do you guys recommend I play? I was thinking Benecia or Walnut creek, as they look like it will be quick to play. Are they any good? I don't think I'll have time to play Berkeley, and definetly not golden gate park.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks guys!

Moraga is a great 9 holer, and better than Walden in Walnut Creek. Anything is better than aquatic park...you don't wanna catch the trench foot.

They are both kind of typical city park courses. Benicia is wide open with elevation changes walden is more technical but far smaller property. Moraga is the better course in the area but still quite a drive off 80. If you dont mind the parking fee lagoon valley in vacaville right off tbe freeway is a good course with 27 holes and you can just play as little or as much of it as you want

GG gets really busy and can take quite a bit of time to play. Berkley can be a mess with its non dg traffic.

Maybe stop in the grass valley or sacramento area instead of close by SF? or.. lagoon valley in vacaville.

If you are going to be that close to golden gate park I highly suggest trying to get out there. If you go earlier in the day you should be able to play it fairly quickly. I was able to get in two rounds and its by far the best course in the "direct" area. If you are coming from the north Stafford Lake County Park appears to be somewhat on the way down. Forget Berkley-- I showed up and left.

Otherwise blazedorange is right.

I haven't played any of the 9-holers in the east bay but I think they're your best bet. The Sacramento area courses that would be easy to reach from 80 get too busy for a quick round. Golden Gate gets way too busy, Berkeley isn't worth playing, but Vacaville is a good option with a $3 parking fee.

Latest posts