• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which 2 stay! Wasp vs Buzzz vs Mako

Wasp vs Buzzz vs Mako

• Total voters

mambrose

Double Eagle Member
What 2 of these stay in my bag. Please only vote for 2 of them. Also, why you think that way would be great!

I've heard of the wasp/buzzz combo.

seems you'd have to find which you prefer between the buzzz and the mako and what you use both of those for, and toss the wasp in for the overstable role.

yeah, thats what i was thinking, but i figured id get someone elses opinion (i havent thrown the mako much)

Yeah, the Buzzz and Mako are similar. The Wasp is more overstable. So keep the Wasp and one of the other two.

(It should be the Buzzz.)

I've got the buzz/wasp combo. Haven't played much with the mako.

I've never thrown the Mako, but I can tell you that the Buzz/Wasp combo is great. I voted for that combo since I know those two work well together from experience. With that being said, when I threw those two mids I also had a Comet in the bag(and still do).

Wasp/Buzzz. The Wasp will be the nice straight and fade type of line, plus will handle a bit of headwind. THe Buzzz will be the better line shaper. I used to use them both. I now carry a flat top Roc, which is very Wasp like. Love it.

Mako Wasp....Buzz is in between those 2. so, you can compromise. you can always angle a buzzz to match a wasp BUT, wasp is good for those fast straight ones that have good fade at the end

I've thrown the Mako a lot lately, so I'll vote for that.
The other disc should definitely be the Wasp.

I voted for Wasp Buzz combo, but I carry all three. I will you the Mako for shorter holes that I don't want any fade on. Only thing I don't like about Mako is any kind of wind and it is toast.

I find that the mako is really awesome new, especially in max weights...but it just doesn't wear nearly as well as a buzzz.

Especially since, with my suggestion, you're shooting wasp buzzz, as they both wear the wasp will be somewhere between where the wasp and buzzz start and the buzzz will be a bit less stable and be a bit more like a new Mako...wasp buzzz all day long.

\/\/