• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which disc in your bag sees the least amount of play?

Lightning #2 driver --- floater, for tee shots over water. Mine is 177g, gummy, and it glows too. Very handy but rarely used as only one course around home has serious water.

Beat up DX stingray old mold --- used for those ~50ft forehand roller approaches, particularly in the woods. Not thrown too often, but saves enough strokes that I buy/trade peoples beat up 'trunk' discs so I have backups.

Magic (putter) --- stays in my putter pouch, only so I can grab it without taking the bag off for those <5ft gimmies. Otherwise I use one of the 4 vibram putters in the bag.

unless im going out of my way to use it, i have a dx TB thats beat i really only use it for BH rollers and thats the shot i use the least really but i almost always carry it unless the course is a PnP type thing then i use the small bag and it stays in the car

Distance driver for sure. Flavor of the month is ESP Nuke.

I recently put a Champ Excalibur in the bag for forehands and headwind distance; it doesn't see much use either.

Z Force, I use it for headwind D or flick skip shots and neither of those are too prevalent around here.

As a lefty who plays at high altitude, all of my hyzer slots are generally less useful than my straight/turnover slots. So, my newest disc in each mold gets used the least.

I couldn't pick a single disc, it depends on the course.

If I could trust my forehand a little more, there'd be no "least used" disc in my bag.

My FLX Predator. Although now that I've started to learn to throw a flex shot, it might be getting used a bit more. I really like the disc, but just could never get much distance with it, and a star teebird usually got used for most mildly overstable duties.

Distance drivers are second now that I'm getting my Cyclone and Teebirds out further.

I also don't throw my super, super flippy Roc that much. It goes right more than it goes forward.

mine is a champ beast it is kind of a backup for my beat wraith or if it is a really strong headwind but mostly used for really long rollers and all of the courses in my area dont require long rollers so it gets thrown maybe 5 times a month

Champion Panther. I'm really good with this disc, and have drained shots up to 200' with it, but I usually reach for something more stable for security. Still, it is a key disc to have in the bag, a controllable and easily turnable mid-range...there are shots that no other disc can make nearly as well.

money 21 said:
banshee I use it for thumbers and don't throw that many.

I love my Banshee, and use it an awful lot. I throw it for hard hyzer flips where I want a reliable strong fade and skip. Beaucoup parkage with that.

DX Bulldog. Was my main putter until I picked up a Flx Challenger. I'll use it for grenade shots and that's about it.

My Star Max gets tons of use though, which seems to be backwards to most of you guys. I use my most overstable disc in my bag more than any of the others.

When I'm carrying a full range of discs and not just putters, probably Orcs. Not many holes I find are long enough to warrant using them opposed to a Buzz, Stalker or Pred.

I'd probably have to say my Meteor. I carry this disc exclusively for when I have to shoot out of trouble with an anhyzer or if it needs to go straight and I can't get good body position. I've found that when I'm getting frisky with a bush and can't get a good pull, even a Buzzz can be too stable. It is a rare occasion that I choose to try and turn this over rather than just throwing my Buzzz with anhyzer.

My Backstreet Boys discs don't get any play anymore...I thought they were going to transform from pop stars into an artistically valid group like the Beatles...oh well. :wink:

Where I live, my least-used disc is very dependent upon the seasonal winds.

I mostly play long, wide open courses. During the winter, and most especially the springtime, the winds are blowing hard, and I almost never throw my Leopard or Comet. However, during the summer and fall, the winds aren't that bad, and my Predator and Drone aren't used that much.

All in all, I suppose my understable discs don't see as much action as my overstable discs. It's a shame, because I really enjoy throwing them. On most days, though, the winds require me to throw my Leopard and Comet at such a steep hyzer angle in order to prevent them from flipping too far.

It really depends on the course I'm playing. This time of year I play Peninsula Park the most as the growth in the summer makes it a PITA. I rarely get opportunities to throw my 11x Firebird. I can usually get out of trouble when needed with a Pro Pig and I've even been using that for spiky hyzer approaches where I used to throw a thumber so the Firebird gets less and less action.

When I'm playing shorter wooded courses I'd say that my high speed drivers don't see much use, rarely need anything more than a control driver at Sugar Bottom and Turkey Creek.

Latest posts