• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Which putter can you get the most distance out of?

intotheblue

Hey everyone, I've been playing a lot of putter rounds lately to help dial in my form and it's been helping a lot. I still like playing with just putters because of the fun factor. (not factoring like in algebra lol)

I have ditched my Aviars and use a Pure for driving/upshots, and a wizard for putts. It's a deadly combo.

I can get the Pure out to 275 on a lucky throw, and I average about 240-250'

So what do you all get out of putters? Any incite will be welcome.

opto pure is my go-to, baby.

i can squeak it out a little over 300. 320 maybe?

however . . . i'm willing to bet i could drive my jokeri about the same if not further on a flex shot. that baby GOES. but i don't do flex shots. focusing on form.

also, i'm going by course signs and course info on here . . . so i hope they're accurate. :)

Last edited:
Other week I was throwing some Opto Pures in the 270-280 range for sure pretty regularly when I was trying to work out some for issues, and improve things overall. I can get them 250 no problem, but while playing for scores I tend to drive with them 230ish or less.

You're going to get three main answers:

Ion.
Wizard.
Pure.

The correct answer is Ion. :D

I love my Pure for up shots, if I need more stability I grab my ESP Zone. I putt with Wizards, u can get them far on a drive, but the pure can be thrown on a lower line and a little faster, which for most courses I play is more of a useful line.

Throw your current putter higher. Any putter can go far it needs more height to get the distance.

That said wizard ion anode opto pure. In no particular order. I roll with anodes and ions.

Judge. Fuzion usually is the longest for me by a few feet. Little more glide than the classic.

I can throw a Birdie 500 feet easy. Thats uphill into a headwind. Until you can do that, you shouldn't even be playing disc golf.

:::drips with sarcasm:::

I just happened to throw 7 molds recently just to see. Judge won every round with ion and anode close behind. My Wizard was well back.

Since I sold my RGL Pure I'm gonna go with it's Innova counterpart the XD.

Latest posts