• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which type of disc is your most "personal"?

Which disc is the most personal to you? and Why?

• Your Putter

Votes: 39 48.1%
  • Your Midrange

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Your Driver

Votes: 18 22.2%

• Total voters

Hellweg

Par Member
By this i mean, what disc are you "closest" too, and why?

Mine is my red, 175 dx aviar. Mostly because it was my first disc, and it has never let me down.

174 cryztal Buzz. recently played a one disc tourney with it and have never felt closer to a disc

She's gone now, but I had an old champion uber beat tee bird that I found during around like my first or second week of playing. I had no idea what I was doing at the time, but that disc flew so sweet for me...That was until an errant shot took it to the darkest depths of a water hazard...If it wasn't for that disc I don't think I would have gotten so in to discgolf.

I have a certain weakness for mid-range discs, but not any one in particular. I like to spread them out on my bed and roll around in them like they were money.

no, not really.

Hmmmm...... Thats a toughy.

I would probably have to go with my beat-in Star Destroyer. Its just been so good to me.

The disc that I am closest to would be my dx Shark. It was the first disc that I bought and I made an ace with it in my first tournament. I will have to buy another one now that it is up on my wall because it is too beat to use and it has the signatures on it.

My Surges.

I have about 6 of them. They are money. Most of the high speed max drivers I have thrown take all my power just to straiten them or get good D before they fall out. I lose accuracy at that point.

The Surge, however, has just the right stability that I can really control it. At 400 ft, I can still play a hyzer, anny or flex line on it. I rarely give it full power. It's intimate.

Currently, I think it would have to be my Wizard. It's SSS, but not floppy. It's got great grip, but it's firm, and it's getting broken in nicely. Second place would have to be whatever mid I'm diggin' on at the moment.

I have an old, first run QMS (PDGA Appoved, old QMS throwers know what I'm talkin about). I picked it up used at a PIAS in Charloote, NC. Origianally double-stamped with a Shark stamp and a QMS stamp. Both stamps have long ago been removed.
I've had five "field Aces" (throws of 150' plus that go in) with it and it's just money for me.
It's tha oldest disc that I still throw.
You throw it straight, it goes straight, but don't overpower it.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you mean by "personal" and "closest." Sound kinda weird though. The disc nearest to me right now is my R-Pro Dart.

For me it's a Discraft 175g X-Elite Stratus used as a mid/approach disc. I love the touch that this disc has 200 feet & in. Having a disc that gets you to the basket from almost any angle is priceless to me. this disc can hyzer, long striaght, roll, land flat, skip, or take a massive anhyzer.

This must be the 10th time saying this about this disc on here. :D

Latest posts