• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who is a Winter Discer?

Do you play winter disc golf?

• Yes!

Votes: 104 77.6%
  • Nope

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 14 10.4%
  • I've done it a few times, but not alot

Votes: 8 6.0%

• Total voters

Billy K2

Par Member
Just wanted to know if you guys play Disc Golf in the winter. Personally, I have only done it once.

Depends on the winter. Minnesota had a good winter for DG this year.

I don't play disc golf during the winter, but I've been out on a football field just throwing a bunch

I voted "nope". Tried it a few times and don't care for it.

Don't mind a little snow, but more than a few inches and I'm done. I hate digging for discs.

Oh yeah, I play in the winter a lot. That being said, we don't have much of a winter around here.

played a lot this winter but mostly in the backyard course of a friend. the fear of permanently losing discs gone it was a lot of fun. did play two ice bowls (in pretty deep snow) as well as a couple of rounds at the local course (in very deep snow) and its really a gamble losing discs in the snow. Just as much as its a gamble losing discs in the fall with tons of dry fluffy leaves.

what helped a ton for my first winter season of DG? gaiters + waterproof boots, a zippo hand warmer (any hand warmers will help from disposable to those USB ones), and scarfs.

Winter golf is great in Mn. No bugs, poison ivy, and most important, no douches :) Your average chucker won't step foot on a course with temps below 50

I probably averaged 2 rounds a week with the winter we had in Michigan this year it was brutal. We have had about 2' of snow since January and average temp has been well below 20 with wind chill around 0. Only lost one disc this winter. Once you get used to tracking in the snow it's not difficult at all. Definitely stick to shorter courses. I enjoy winter golf but this year was very trying.

Some years more than others. Old age, arthritis, and harsher than average winters have kept me home more than I'd like these past 2 years. Not complaining though. I played 20 holes Thursday and had a great time. Knee deep snow and wind chill hovering around 0°. Spring is just around the corner!

I really like playing in the snow. No ribbons either. I've learned to become a snow forensic scientist. :D. Discovering Zephyr rounds has also helped increase opportunities to play in some conditions, so that's a bonus!

Don't mind the cold temps, heavy mittens and lots of hiking base layers take care of that. I hate losing discs though so if it's actively snowing hard or the snow is fresh and deep I'm taking the day off. Actually hoping mid 30s and sunny today and low 20s overnight is enough to make a nice crust for tomorrow's random dubs league. Thick crust is key, last week even the biggest thumbers and spike hyzers were still leaving 4" tall tombstones

The Arnold Classic is having a disc golf tournament starting today, and there is snow on the ground. Actually, it warmed up and rained the other day, and then we got more snow and more rain and snow.

So the conditions are probably phenomenal out there. No thanks to winter disc golf. I've been waiting desperately for warm weather.

Ribbons and layered clothes. Play all year. We had a few rounds that started below zero on the thermometer...not including wind chill.

Unless it's raining or super windy I'm always up for a round.

I probably averaged 2 rounds a week with the winter we had in Michigan this year it was brutal. We have had about 2' of snow since January and average temp has been well below 20 with wind chill around 0. Only lost one disc this winter. Once you get used to tracking in the snow it's not difficult at all. Definitely stick to shorter courses. I enjoy winter golf but this year was very trying.

I usually get some rounds in, but man, this winter has been rough. Snow all season and the cold was stupid. Spent most of Feb and March in single digits. Can't wait for spring......about July.

Latest posts