• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who is the best putter in the game right now?

jbl39

Was looking at some footage of Nikko Locastro, and what a putter that kid is. I think he's further along in that aspect of the game than his contemporaries.

Feldberg is OBVIOUSLY solid as well. Doss and Jenkins fade a little bit in that area and give ground to guys like Dave and Paul....

But who is the best putter in the game right now?

The player who drives most accurately...

But seriously, Eric McCabe and Jay Reading are considered the best in putting competitions while some feel others may be slightly better, Nikko/Dave, when money is on the line.

When McBeth is on he is incredible...but I would say Nikko across the board.

I would say EMAC. Dude developed his putting style in the wind and he owns on these courses around Kansas City. Watch a few vids of Nikko in the wind (Texas State Champs) he occasionaly changes his style. The putts still go in and all mentioned Nikko, Dave, Doss, Reading, and Mcbeth are unbelievable. EMAC's style just works in any condition without needing to change anything.

Best putters in the game? Let's see, probably the top 15 lol.

But seriously, I would say Jay Reading, Nikko Locastro, Dave Feldberg, Eric McCabe and Josh Anthon. They all are very solid and could be considered the best on any given day. I would have to say Anthon is probably the best in the world right now though. He is amazing at putting!

Catrina Allen is probably the best putter in the Women's division. She drilled a 60 footer and 45 footer yesterday!

Depends on how you define "best".
I've seen Nikko and EMac miss some easy putts.
If you define it by consistency, I'd take KC or McBeth. You just don't see them miss putts that they should make.

Climo was once and still may be considered the best and most consistent putter inside 40 feet. I heard someone say that in an interview. May have been Barry or someone but I remember hearing that.

I wouldn't say he is right now though. Definitely could be considered as one of the best of all time though.